Yooper38 - you out there??

pookeycat

Just wanted to cath your attention!

Where in Yooper Country do you live? I grew up right off the shores of Lake Superior where I lived for 20 years before transplating "Down Below" to finish school. Turned Cheesehead about 5 years ago, but will always be yooper at heart!

DF and I both grew up in the same area and are going back there to get married this summer. We would love to move back, but the really good jobs are hard to come buy (DF likes his toys too much to have to give them up!)

Pookiecat - where about in GB are you? We're over on the west side near Pamprin Park. Good to hear you are no longer a troll.

My DH grew up in northern-most WI on Lake Superior (in Bayfield County). No better place on earth!

Have been through Chassell many times. A good friend's parents live at the end of the Portage Canal. With a 40 foot boat, we've had many good sails ;) on Lake Superior. You could count that as my son's first "cruise". :rolleyes:

I good friend of mine grew up in Chassell, and my best friend's husband has the co-op up there on his regular delivery schedule. I know it well. Hope your wedding is beautiful.

As to where you live - if there weren't so darn many trees at Oneida Golf and Country Club, I could probably see your house! We're just off of J. Kind of spookie.

We sail out of Bayfield and Cornucopia, WI and will be up in Cornucopia next month (no sailing though!). My neice and her husband dog sled and invited us up - I'm just hoping there is snow!

WOW, small world! Who is your friend that grew up in Chassell? My mom grew up there, my dad lived there for a few years and I still have many relatives that live there now!

In fact, we are going up there next weekend to meet with the pastor at the church. We are actually getting married at the same church that my parents got married at.

So I just curious as to who you know up there or that grew up there - ya never know, we just might know them!!

My mom says she thinks that he was in her class in school! Then again, that school was SO small back then that everyone knew everyone else! She also thinks that they use to live in the house that my aunt just sold last year!

WOW that is just too weird!

I am also a yooper (born and raised)(Negaunee) but had to leave to get a job. I have now lived in a few other states and countries and love to go back, but only for a visit. It is a beautiful place and I am sure you will have a beautiful wedding. Enjoy your cruise. We went to Alaska and toured by motorhome in 1997. We loved it. Have a great wedding and great honeymoon cruise.

should we try to plan a Yooper cruise next year??

Wife and I are both from Negaunee, and have been away since 1978, but by happenstance are back now, living in Negaunee Township

I too am a Techie (twice)

we leave Thursday for Miami and Voyager of the Seas on Saturday

what say you folks?? Yooper Cruise!!

go pack go!

dug

OMG - too funny! Could you imagine a ship full of Yoopers! forget the formal dinners, bring on the venison and flannel!

I could just imagine my uncle (true yooper through and through) on a cruise...Don't even know where to start!

That would be fun though!!

pookeycat....Congrats on your upcoming marriage. My wife and I live in Suamico. We took our first Alaska cruise this past August and loved it. Flew into Fairbanks for a pre cruise tour than cruised on the Celebrity Summit from Seward to Vancouver. We lucked out and had perfect weather, no rain and lots of sun. It is so beautiful there.

I was born in Ishpeming and lived the first couple of years of my life in Negaunee, where my grandmother had been the county and was then the school nurse. My parents moved downstate so we could take advantage of all the good colleges...the first thing I and then my sister did at college time was head back up to NMU!

There is NO place as beautiful as the UP--the air even smells better! As soon as we cross into the UP from Wisconsin (no offense, cheeseheads!), we roll down the windows to sniff the air and smile because we know we're home!

Even after some traveling and cruising, I still think that Presque Isle in Marquette is the most beautiful place I have ever seen.

A Yooper Cruise? Ya, sure!! I'm dere!

Archived