Sail Away And Muster Drill Question

MTJSR

A member of my party really wants us to be out on deck when we leave Galveston on the Grand but aren't we at that point being assembled for Muster Drill? My last cruise was on Sitmar a whole long time ago so I am not sure how things are done here.

Thanks for the help

On three out of my four cruises we had completed the drill before we left port. On one cruise we were actually sailing right as we completed the drill.....I guess it just depends on if they are on time with the departure events. I would say you will have no problem being out on the deck when the ship departs...Happy Sailing!

Muster Drill is usually over (if it is so scheduled) before sailaway. There is usually a sailaway party with the CD's staff, on deck. My experience is it is usually scheduled for 4PM for 5 PM sailings and only lasts for 20 - 25 minutes. Enjoy sailaway, it is one of the great experiences of cruising.

Muster Drill is usually over (if it is so scheduled) before sailaway. There is usually a sailaway party with the CD's staff, on deck. My experience is it is usually scheduled for 4PM for 5 PM sailings and only lasts for 20 - 25 minutes. Enjoy sailaway, it is one of the great experiences of cruising.

Ditto. I've never been on a cruise where sailaway happened during the muster drill. :)

Hate to point this out, but it's not up to the pax as to when the muster occurs. After a couple of thousand trips, the cruise lines have figured out what is the best and easiest way to get this done.

Archived