Tell me about Deck 3 on Eclipse

FranciscoFamily

Hi all!

New to Celebrity but veteran Disney cruisers.

We've booked an ocean view on deck 3 of the Eclips for a Pacific Coastal Cruise.  Tell me all about my cabin and deck 3 and well the Eclipse in general.  All info is appreciated.  We know nothing about the staterooms or dining or shows or anything.  I have googled and read reviews but all of the info I found is kind of generic or more for people familiar with Celebrity which we are not. Although it does sound like the food, service and shows will be great compared to some other lines.  Can't wait to experience it!

So let's here it, the good, the bad, the everything!

There is nothing unique about deck 3, other than it's being closer to the water. We have been on the eclipse multiple times....excellent ship, excellent/friendly staff.  There have been many "tell us about" type of threads here....most any thread you find on the Silhouette, Solstice, Reflection or Equinox applies to the eclipse...the ships are quite close in configuration and overall service.

I have been told that some of the singers and dancers have rooms on deck 3.  The entrance to the MDR is on deck 3.  Guest Services and the Excursion desk are also on 3.  You are very close to the evening dancing and music which takes place on that deck.  If you are celebrating a special event, there are some really nice Specialty Restaurants which incur an additional fee.

I have found that the production shows in the theater are not to my liking since they made a change in the production company.

Food is really good on that ship.  One of my favorites ships.

Enjoy your cruise.

• Like 1

Always book deck 3 midships on all cruises, we have been in  both outside and inside cabins on the Eclipse.  Was surprised first time that it matched the photos we had previously seen of more pricier staterooms.  We had bath robes, spa slippers, a tote bag and umbrella for our use in the cabin.  We passed open Aqua cabins that were being cleaned and ours looked the same just no balcony instead, there was a metre wide square window.  Great if you are looking out the same time as the dolphins are passing.  Not great on port days with the dock being so close and feeling like people can see into your window!

There is the main atrium mid staircase, show lounge area and on either side is Guest Relations and on the other is the Passport Bar.  Cabins lead off from there going aft, then after the aft stairs and lift is the theatre.   The main dining room is the other end at the forward stairs after the lifts, deck 3 for set dining and deck 4 for select, when you can just turn up anytime or nominate a time. you can only be select if you pre-pay gratuities and I think there is only a set number of people who are allowed to do this as late bookers get advised it is not available. 

Yes, cabins at the back of the ship near the theatre looked like staff cabins for entertainers and we saw the house musicians going in and out of one during the day.

Any questions just ask.

• Like 1

Loved the eclipse when I sailed on it in November for my first Celebrity cruise.  It was the cleanest ship I had ever been on. Staff were excellent, food quality good (didn't try specialty) and the cabin 6176 (balcony) quite comfortable. I'd sail on it again in a heartbeat.  

Here a shot I took of it peeking around the corner in Malta.

_TJM7044.JPG

• Like 2