San Francisco cruise

susan1957

Best case scenario...find a cruise that starts or finishes in San Francisco OR one that has a late night stay so that you could do the NIGHT tour at Alcatraz. Not sure if you can find something that would work on Princess, but you should be able to find some cruise if you are flexible. Besides the coastal cruises, we have done a repositioning cruise through the Panama Canal with a SF visit until 11 pm. We have also done Hawaii and Alaska cruises that begin in San Francisco.

Anyway...the night time tour is less crowded and includes more activities and things to see. I can't even begin to tell you how awesome (and spooky) it was to be wandering around the prison after dark! Here is a link that gives a comparison of the different tours and what they feature. As mentioned...this tour sells out quickly. I made sure to book our tickets on the first day available.   https://www.alcatrazcruises.com/tour-options/

Here is also a link to a blog post I did after our night tour at Alcatraz to give you an idea of what the tour was like. My husband still talks about how he got to experience the darkness of solitary confinement and also lay in Robert Stroud's bunk (the Birdman of Alcatraz.)   Night Tour at Alcatraz

• Like 1