decisions, aft balcony or spa cabin .escape

don24

as the title says, we are looking at both aft balcony or spa balcony. same price. on escape. we will definitely use the balcony. just wonder if spa gets so crowded it not worth it. a winter departure with the uninspiring Canaveral/Bahamas/private island itinerary. opinions requested.

Edited by don24

I’m doing the same itinerary, and I booked an aft balcony because in my opinion you can’t beat that view.  I love staring at the moon over the wake.  And then, I purchase a spa pass on top since I do enjoy the thermal suite.  I did the same thing last year on the Breakaway and had the best vacation.

• Like 2

Aft. Balcony is the best non suite room room. However, winter cruise the thermal spa is really nice because it will be cold the first and last day at sea outside. Im guessing you are leaving from NYC.

Winter departure = Spa balcony 

Warm departure = Aft. Balcony 

If leaving out of a warm port i would take Aft balcony you can alway add the Thermal suite.

• 1 month later...

Are the aft facing balconies on the Escape much bigger than a regular balcony, we always book aft facing for the view, quiet and large balcony but on the Escape they are a little pricey, not worth it if it is a regular size balcony.

11 minutes ago, coscab said:

Are the aft facing balconies on the Escape much bigger than a regular balcony...

Aft-facing balconies differ in depth depending on deck and differ in width on each deck. The largest B1s are on deck 9 followed closely by deck 12 and they are much deeper than standard side balconies.

Edited by Two Wheels Only

Assuming you don't want to spring for spa passes and an aft balcony, I'd agree with spa for winter, aft balcony for summer.

The spa gets busy, but I never had trouble finding a seat.  It isn't like the pool deck!

Edited by AL3XCruise

Two wheels only and boatparts- thank you so much for the info, I thought the aft balconies looked deep but not very wide, I think that is why I booked an angle balcony, I will take a look at 9 & 12, we always book aft unless we splurge for a forward facing suite, we were in an aft wrap on carnival in Dec., it was a great cabin and balcony but we prefer NCL overall, but the aft facing seem to keep going up in price, I know, supply and demand😱