San Juan at night?

mvh

We are in San Juan from 5:00pm to 1:00am next week and wanted to walk to Old San Juan for dinner and drinks.  How safe is this for four of us to do?  Can we walk or should we Uber? We are planning on going to Punto de Vista for dinner then La Factoria for drinks.  Any opinions from someone who has done this recently?

We have done this, you basically dock in Old San Juan and you can see the ship from most anywhere 'on the hill'.  We were there from 3-11, so we did a self guided walking tour during the light hours, then made our way back to the ship by barhopping and eating along the way. We were a group of 4, but the streets were filled with other cruisers like ourselves.  We LOVE San Juan at night and are returning in March!

By the way, you picked 2 neat places!! 

23 hours ago, mvh said:

We are in San Juan from 5:00pm to 1:00am next week and wanted to walk to Old San Juan for dinner and drinks.  How safe is this for four of us to do?  Can we walk or should we Uber? We are planning on going to Punto de Vista for dinner then La Factoria for drinks.  Any opinions from someone who has done this recently?

Old San Juan is safe, obviously be smart. Walk you are minutes away from both places.

We have visited several times and stayed days before and after a cruise. We have walked the streets every night we are there and feel very safe each time. Just know it's like any other city, they do have people begging for money here and there but no worries, they ask and then don't bother you anymore. I love San Juan!

The flamenco show at Triana Restaurant on Recinto St is not to be missed. They have a show every night but Monday. You have to spend minimum of $20 on food/drink. It's an incredible show. I've seen it 3 times and going again in Oct before my cruise. I bought the CD, too.

The flamenco show at Triana Restaurant on Recinto St is not to be missed. They have a show every night but Monday. You have to spend minimum of $20 on food/drink. It's an incredible show. I've seen it 3 times and going again in Oct before my cruise. I bought the CD, too.

Thank you for the tip! I've always wanted to see a flamenco show. Did you need reservations? and do you remember what time the show started? Thanks!

Reservations not needed. According to the schedule I picked up show is 7:30 except on Fri and Sat at 8:30 and no show on Monday.

Barrachina, home of the pina colada, has a flamenco show only on Saturday right now per the sign in January 2019.

I went to a show in Condado a few years ago and it was different, but not necessarily better, than the one at Triana.

You'll be happy no matter which show you attend. The people in PR have high entertainment standards regardless of price so just go to whatever when you get a chance! Entertainment in Caribbean is cheap compared to US. $3,600 minimum Superbowl ticket? That's just one example.

Edited by Ms411

On 1/21/2019 at 7:14 PM, Ms411 said:

This is the first I have ever seen this mentioned when staying in San Juan. We'll have to check this out. Thanks for the info.

Our host told us about the show 3 years ago, I think. I didn't think it had ever been mentioned in this forum so I remembered to post it this time.

Carli's, the jazz club across the street is great, too, but it's small and gets crowded.