Last Minute Cruise Deals

GT108

Hi

I will be heading down to visit Mickey later on this year.

I thought it might be nice to end it with a week on a cruise before I head back home.

My question:

Are last minute deal only available to Florida resident's?

I remember on my last cruise, one of our tablemate was bragging about how little they paid booking a couple of days before sailing.

My plan is to check out the local TA's while I am in Orlando and see if I can snag a cheap cruise for the following week.

Is this an option for me or should I book before I head down.

BTW, I am Canadian and I will be heading down in mid August.

Thanks in advance.

Mid August will more than likely still be an expensive time... Only because the kids are still out of school... Generally once school is in session the prices on cruises begin to go down...

I have heard of some really great deals that people get at the last minute but I think that mostly depends on whether or not the boat is "selling out"...

That's not to say that you can't try it... It may be worth your while, you may get a really good deal.. I hope the best for you, if you try it.. Good luck!

It's always worh a try, but don't get your hopes up, August is a pretty busy cruise month. The ships have to turn in their manifests 72 hours in advance of sailing, so you would need to check this out at least 4 or 5 days ahead of time.

I tried to do this a couple years ago, here in So. Cal, for a short Baja cruise, even though they had cabins left the week before sailing, they still wanted full price.

Archived