Review of Strawberry Tours

smeesme

We were on the MSC Armonia and visited Havana on Jan 5 and 6.  On the 5th, we reserved a private tour with Strawberry Tours. 

First, setting up the tour was really easy.  From their website, https://strawberrytours.com/havana/tours/private-tours, I sent them a message.  I received a reply within 24 hours.  I explained that the 3 hour walking tour would probably be too much for my parents who were with us.  They worked with us to customize the tour to be a one and a half hour easy walking tour and a two and a half hour driving tour.  The price was very reasonable and payment was made through Paypal.

On the 5th, the lines to get off of the ship were ridiculous!  We were about an hour past the meeting time when we finally got through.  Fernando was still at San Francisco Square waiting for us.  Instead of cutting down the tour, he called ahead and rearranged the time for the vintage car tour so we could complete the walking portion.

Walking Portion:

Fernando was a great tour guide.  He told us so much history and pointed out so many things.  He even took us up an old elevator to a bar that overlooks Havana so we could get pictures from above.  He obviously loves his city and we loved his enthusiasm.  He kept the pace slower so that my parents could keep up.  We spent about 2 hours walking but it didn’t feel like it.

Vintage Car Portion:

We had 2 cars (’52 Ford and a ’52 Chevy) due to there being 6 of us.  Neither driver spoke English but Fernando did come with us in one of the cars.  We drove around for about 3 hours.  Due to our late arrival, it was dark when we finished the tour but we still got to see everything.    

If you want a really unique tour of Havana, I would highly recommend Strawberry Tours and ask for Fernando.  They fall under the Support for the Cuban People criteria for American cruisers.

• Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...

I have actually been in contact with this group for a tour.  Our concern is we have a 3 and 4 year old child with us and no car seats.  Are there seat belts in the cars?  We are a group of 8 and would need 2 cars.

Thanks