Barcelona recommendations

Beachvue

I will be visiting Barcelona for the 3rd time next month and will be staying within the plaza catalunya area. A hotel there will give you access to the subway, busses and aerobus to the airport. Lots of the sites are walkable from that area if you choose to.  I usually google map a 90 minute walking route from the hotel stopping at sites along the way. Factor in the amount of time spent at each stop and you’ll find most of the afternoon is spent. Then take transit back to plaza catalunya to browse, wander around Las Ramblas, and eat before calling it a day. This trip we will be doing a walk from the hotel to Park Güell with 4 other stops along the way. If you plan to use transit, buy a carnet of tickets. It is a pack of 10 bus tickets that my wife and I shared. The subway is pretty easy to use if you print an online map. If you use google maps and select the transit 🚊 icon, it will give you instructions to the station as well as what train to take.

https://www.google.ca/maps/dir/Plaça+de+Catalunya,+Plaça+de+Catalunya,+Barcelona,+Spain/Sagrada+Familia,+Carrer+de+Mallorca,+Barcelona,+Spain/@41.3965086,2.1715825,15z/data=!4m8!4m7!1m2!1m1!1s0x12a4a2f1602b4819:0x1eecc2af1c60d64b!1m2!1m1!1s0x12a4a2dcd83dfb93:0x9bd8aac21bc3c950!3e3

the Sagrada Familia is a must see and I suggest booking in advance and include the Nativity tower. We visited in 2008 & 2018 and was amazed at the progress. As Barcelona is a cruise hub, we have realized that we don’t need to see everything in one visit. Though we tried in 2008 😀

Edited by lamchops

Thanks for all your great suggestions.  La Sagrada Familia is definitely on the list.  Was last there in 2002 and can’t wait to see how it has been transformed in 17 years.  We will be staying at the Renaissance on Ray Claris which I believe is centrally located.  So much to see. Will start prioritizing.  Thanks again.