Cayman Islands Brewery Tours

scokely

My husband and I will be in Gran Cayman and would like to visit the Cayman Islands Brewery. It looks like it will be about a 10 min drive, what would be our best bet to get there? I assume taxis will be plentiful around the cruise port but we weren't sure about the return. I've seen postings about the busses but can't tell if they stop close to where the brewery is. Also, are there safe ATMs to pull local currency out near the cruise port? Thanks!

We did this a couple  years ago and it couldn’t have been easier to get to and  was enjoyable.   You can catch a taxi style bus from the library just a block or so inland from the port.   I believe it was $2.50 per person each way and they take US dollars.   The tour was $10 apiece and it lasted about 30 minutes,  also came with several decent size sampler’s afterwards.  Good way to spend a couple hours and there was a taxi stop right outside.

945DA5BD-784F-482C-9E01-43851566BA50.jpeg

3D5787B9-55E9-41D0-BA81-793D369824F0.jpeg

2F356EB9-B9C6-44BC-9D62-4BFBF7FFE9C3.jpeg

0CF30F4C-2FD8-454E-9B89-98612590AF98.jpeg

FF44347F-06FC-4F6F-A9D9-3146D731C622.jpeg

• Like 1

If alcoholic beverages are your thing, then in addition to the Cayman Islands Brewery offering tours ( https://www.cib.ky/brewery-tour/ ) you also have the Cayman Spirits Distillery ( https://caymanspirits.com/tours/ ) - they usually have multiple tours per day with a tasting at the end including their vodka, rum (2 types) and their seasonal special.  Tours are $15 US per person.  Best to call ahead and make reservations.

Thanks for the info, sounds like it should be pretty easy to get to the brewery and back. The Cayman Spirits Distillery sounds like a good follow-on. It looks like the distillery isn't that far from the cruise port, would you say it's pretty walkable? I'd like to make sure we get some walking in on that day and see a little bit of the island. 

1 hour ago, scokely said:

It looks like the distillery isn't that far from the cruise port, would you say it's pretty walkable? I'd like to make sure we get some walking in on that day and see a little bit of the island. 

According to Google Maps, it's about a half hour walk - about 1.2 miles.

Personally I wouldn't want to do that sort of walk in the heat of the day, especially if I had been sampling some adult beverages.  It's not terribly scenic, either.

I would take a taxi back to the port and get your exercise around there.

I've walked all over in/around George Town before when I had no real plans but that said, I would second the recommendation to catch a taxi.  It'll be much quicker and allow you to maximize your time at each place.  The taxi busses run frequently and are very inexpensive.  If there isn't a stop right outside like their is at the brewery, then just flag one down as they go by.