GOOD MUSIC!!! (R&B / Hip-Hop / Jazz)

Lovie

I LOVE music. I am going on my first cruise December 2006, and it is extremely important to me that there be a mix of some of my favorite songs, which are in the R&B, Hip-Hop category. I can also appreciate jazz, contemporary and classic. I am young, in my mid-twenties, and I will be cruising with my signifigant other, late twenties, also his first time.

My question for anyone that knows...any recommendation on a cruise line that would likely include music that we both enjoy? I would like to know if they play new hits, urban music (Mariah Carey, Usher, Justin Timberlake, Kanye West, Jay Z, etc.).

My biggest fear is being stuck on a ship at sea for 7 days with my grandparents crooning along to a Barbara Streisand wannabe at the piano.

Man, pass the Red Label (my grandpop used to drink that):) .

Any direction and advisement is appreciated. I've tried searching on web sites for radio stations that may sponsor cruises...its hard to find one that will be cruising during New YEars Eve 2007, which is what I am planning for. I dont care if its 3 days or 7, just as long as Im on the water NYE and I can enjoy music by an artist that I'm familiar with. Any resources for recommendation?

Archived