Miracle vs. Legend

Sleeepy

I am planning to cruise (first cruise) to Belize/Cozumel/Caymans in January 2007 and am trying to determine whether to go with Carnival Miracle or RCCL Legend of the Seas. Hubby and I are going w/out our children and will be 39 (yikes!). I like the idea of a bigger room on Carnival and a newer ship, but hate Batman and not sure the $100 difference is worth going on Carnival over RCCL and I've heard RCCL is a bit more laid back. Questions: How does the food compare? Service? Atmosphere? Entertainment? Class? Size of ship? Amenities? Any info greatly appreciated. Thank you!

I have not been on the Legend of the Seas but have been on Voyager and Jewel of the Seas. I just sailed on Carnival Spirit in Dec. The Spirit is a sister ship to the Miracle. IMHO the food is better on Carnival. My last RCI cruise, the food was hit or miss. A lot of the sauces on the foods tasted pacakged and seemed to have similar flavor(or lack of). Carnival tends to have livelier entertainment, which we enjoy. Carnival also has bigger staterooms-we werer upgraded to a minisuite on the Spirit and really enjoyed the room! Service wise- we have had great service and lousy service on both lines. If the difference is only $100.00, I think I might choose by the itinerary. I think you will enjoy a cruise on either line. Happy Cruising!

TDCRose - thanks. The itinerary for the cruise I'm looking at (7 nights out of Tampa to the Western Caribbean) is the same for Miracle and Legend. RCCL actually stays in Cozumel 2 hours later (until 11:00 p.m) and one other stop 1 hour longer. Those are the only real differences in itinerary. At sea the same amount, etc.

Archived