New Ad campaign announced by Celebrity

dkjretired

Let's hope they let the ad agency provide more input on the direction of the campaign than they have in the past.

Amazing that the same agency does RCL and Celebrity and yet, the impact of the ads so far has been quite different (with the Celebrity impact being a little lame).

Let's hope the New ads are quite different from the last campaign. I know many liked those ads, but I was not a fan of them. I felt they showed little to nothing about everthing that happens, once onboard a Celebrity ship. I hope the new ads do a much better job of showing the Celebrity Cruise experience.

There are nine ships, Millennium, Infinity, Constellation, Summit, Century, Mercury, Galaxy, Zenith, and Xpedition.

Hi Eric !

When we count X ships.... Perhaps Carole may have forgotten about Xpedition. I know most of us do that :). Yes, she is part of the fleet, but Xpedition is a totally different experience.

...forgotten about Xpedition. I know most of us do that :). Yes, she is part of the fleet, but Xpedition is a totally different experience.

Does Celebrity do anything to make us remember Xpedition or is it so fully booked or so specialized that they do not need to advertise it?

Hi Eric !

When we count X ships.... Perhaps Carole may have forgotten about Xpedition. I know most of us do that :). Yes, she is part of the fleet, but Xpedition is a totally different experience.

I know what you mean. It is hard to classify Xpedition. I wouldn't count it as part of X's fleet because it is more of a yacht and not a ship but they do.

Hey, thanks Don, I only hope the new commercials don’t suck as bad as the old commercials, they definitely approached a perfect vacuum!

(Actually nothing sucks, it just lacks pressure, an old engineering joke!)

ABC has been running the new commercials with the tag line "Celebrity treatment" during Commander in Chief and Boston Legal tonight. Most Celebrity commercials I have seen on one night.

I guess Celebrity forgot about their customer service treatment being the cruisers first experience.

Celebrity advertises? :rolleyes:

I always viewed X as one of those word-of-mouth cruise lines.

I live in San Francisco and I've been seeing Celebrity ads on TV and hearing them on the radio very regularly for a couple of years now. I guess the amount of advertising you see depends on if you live in a media market that they are concentrating on or not.

I know what you mean. It is hard to classify Xpedition. I wouldn't count it as part of X's fleet because it is more of a yacht and not a ship but they do.

Hi Eric !

I agree with you, but Celebrity probably would not agree LOL

BTW.... Do you have CWS Yet ? (the long name for that, is Cruise Withdrawal Syndrome) :)

Hi Eric !

BTW.... Do you have CWS Yet ? (the long name for that, is Cruise Withdrawal Syndrome) :)

You know it. It has been hard. This was my first cruise longer than seven days and I was hopping by the end of it I would be ready to go home. That is not the case. I think this is the hardest post cruise recovery that I have been through. I keep on looking through my pictures and can't stop think about the people that are now intruding in my cabin and eating my food. That is one reason I am glad the old commercials are gone. They exploited the feeling that I am going through right now.

You know it. It has been hard. This was my first cruise longer than seven days and I was hopping by the end of it I would be ready to go home. That is not the case. I think this is the hardest post cruise recovery that I have been through. I keep on looking through my pictures and can't stop think about the people that are now intruding in my cabin and eating my food. That is one reason I am glad the old commercials are gone. They exploited the feeling that I am going through right now.

Hi Eric !

I feel your pain buddy. Hang in there. Hopefully, you will book another Cruise soon. That will surely ease the pain !

Hi,

Saw a new ad on ABC this evening. I liked it, much moreso than the previous incarnation.

While I thought it was a well-done commercial, I also give the ad agency high marks for starting the new campaign during Hollywood's "high" season of awards presentations. Great capitalization on Celebrity status....

Let's hope ALL aspects of Celebrity service will soon be as good as that we experience aboard our ships!

CM

It's owned and operated by Celebrity, included in their website in the fleet and cruise listings, can be booked in the same way as all other Celebrity cruises...I can see why they consider Xpedition as part of their fleet;)

Saw one of the new ad spots on ABC last night - wasn't exactly wowed by it but maybe I was tired or it just takes some getting used to. Frankly, I think X had a winner with its "simply the best" theme several years back and IMHO that would still work as a great ad campaign. Then again, it's just MHO and since I have absolutely no knowledge of the ad business, it probably isn't worth a lick!

The RCCL ads drive me nuts. Especially when you're on a ship and you hear it every time you turn on the TV... bom bom bom ba bom bom ba batta bom...

Arghhhh. I keep waiting for some to start singing:

"I need love love to easy my mind..."

Tom

The RCCL ads drive me nuts. Especially when you're on a ship and you hear it every time you turn on the TV... bom bom bom ba bom bom ba batta bom...

Arghhhh. I keep waiting for some to start singing:

"I need love love to easy my mind..."

Tom

Then you would hate me...when I'm fast forwarding on Tivo I will go back just to watch a Royal Caribbean commercial and I hum along. I think my boyfriend is growing tired of it. hehehehehee

I had to watch twicw to figure out that it was a Celebrity ad. I didn't like one of the old ads about the spoiled kid, but found the post cruise adjustment ads hit a sympathetic chord.

Now the Expedia ads have me laughing. We have a countdown (255 days) and big x's on the calender, DH packs his tacky slippies (and never wears them) and we have cats that fend for themselves (yes our basement looks like that pile of cat food). Celebrity should have a series of Doc Dance ads!!!

I am assuming the new ads include the one I just saw the other night, had a woman thanking people in the dining room???

If so I thought it was cute.

Cute was not the word I had in mind for that commercial, I didn;t think it was up to Celebritys standards that they have set for themselves. No offense to you, thats what makes this a great country we all are allowed to have our own opinions. I thought the commerical was rather cheesy.

Archived