Vancouver - Riviera Hotel

bambam

HelloBC is saying that this hotel is nice, clean and nothing special, except it is right off Robson Street. Can any one give a more detailed opinion of the Riviera...its right next to the Empire Hotel (the Tower)... and how far it is from the pier to meet the Celebrity Summit??? :confused:

Thanks. :D

Hope I can help a little...

The Riviera is right ON Robson and across from the Empire. Although I have never stayed there, I pass it frequently. It appears to be well maintained and clean. It is not the newest, but always seems to have people staying there. The location is also very good as it is only a few blocks down Robson from the "Main" Robson attractions.

As for how far from the pier... I am not sure which pier the Celebrity Summit is coming to, but if it is coming "down town" to pier, then it is about a 10-12 block walk, maybe 15 - 20 minutes.

Hope this helped somewhat and if there are any other questions I would be more than pleased to try to help...

We have tried Priceline, for 3-rooms, from $65 up to $80 with no takes, for over 3-weeks. fellow cruisers have "won" with priceline as they got the Westin Bayshore for $61. So we went to HelloBC.com and got the Riviera for around $80 - other sites had Riviera listed from $100 to 110. We will continue to check Priceline, but not holding our breath...:D

The nice thing is we have until 48 hours beforehand to cancel (Sept. 15), so we will keep trying. Bugs the snot out of me to see others getting Westin Bayshore on Priceline for $61-70, so its got to be the date (Friday) that is messing us up... We were told by HelloBC that March is a month in which a lot of hotels release their discount room rates, so we'll keep trying... Thanks again grouchy..:D

Hey BamBam......Priceline always tells us that you should wait until about 3-4 weeks prior to arriving before you make a bid. But I watch Bidding for Travel and I noticed that people were getting Westin Bayshore for $65 around the time we will be in Vancouver. So, I went on and made a bid for May 27th - May 30th and I guess I got lucky, because I got Westin Bayshore. I have stayed at that hotel several times in the past, and this is the first time that I got it for such a low price. By the way, I got a letter from Westin Bayshore last week advising me that the hotel is now a completely "no smoking" facility,so that's good news for non-smokers. ;)

We've got a bunch of us going in Sept (via our CC roll call) and one in the group did the priceline thing back in Oct (11-months in advance) and got the Bayshore for $61. We tried up to 80 and still got nothing... Also, there are a couple of folks in our group that are very sensitive to smoke, and the knowledge that the Bayshore is smoke free is especially helpful. Thanks again!!

Archived