MUSIC - What TYPE do they play??

Lovie

I am cruising on my FIRST cruise December 31, 2006. It will be a 7 day on Carnival's Liberty.

What type of music should I expect???

While I can tolerate other styles, my preference is really for urban music, Hip Hop/R&B and some Jazz (John Coltrane, Miles Davis, etc.)

Should there be an eclectic mix? Or will it be mainly Rock, Pop, with a few Top 40 songs? Does it vary in different places? New YEars eve is important, and I would hate to spend it listening to an artist that I wouldnt normally listen to.

Any input on what I can expect would be great. Outside of that, I'm pretty excited about going. I'm cruising with my BF, b/w the ages of 25-35, and dont mind families or younger couples being around.

This is my second post to the site (Im a newbie) so any response would be appreciated. Thanks.

I am cruising on my FIRST cruise December 31, 2006. It will be a 7 day on Carnival's Liberty.

What type of music should I expect???

While I can tolerate other styles, my preference is really for urban music, Hip Hop/R&B and some Jazz (John Coltrane, Miles Davis, etc.)

Should there be an eclectic mix? Or will it be mainly Rock, Pop, with a few Top 40 songs? Does it vary in different places? New YEars eve is important, and I would hate to spend it listening to an artist that I wouldnt normally listen to.

Any input on what I can expect would be great. Outside of that, I'm pretty excited about going. I'm cruising with my BF, b/w the ages of 25-35, and dont mind families or younger couples being around.

This is my second post to the site (Im a newbie) so any response would be appreciated. Thanks.

You will find a myriad of music on the ship. At the pool during the day there is often a steel drum band Caribbean/regae style music. There is often a jazz bar, piano bar with sing a longs. There is a karaoke lounge with all kinds of music. I've seen a 3 piece classical band playing in the atruim. Of course there is the Disco at night playing lots of Hip Hop and pop. Look around, check out the various lounges, I'm sure you'll find something to your liking. There really is something for everyone.

Archived