Place for breakfast within walking distance of Tampa port?

SUSANITA

Does anyone know if there is an inexpensive type place to have breakfast near the Tampa port, preferably within walking distance?

I know the aquarium is across the street, are there any restaurants there? Thanks

Suep366394@aol.com

woodstock-28.gif

NEXT UP~SENSATION 5/6/04!

MARINER~ 9/19! MIRACLE~FEB 13,2005!

Miracle.gif

http://community.webshots.com/user/upstatedon OUR CRUISE PICS!

There is a cafe at the Aquarium but I'm not sure if it's open for breakfast.

There's also the Channelside entertainment complex, which I think is walking distance (although I've never been there so I'm not certain). There's a coffee shop there; I'm not sure what else would be open for breakfast.

There's also the Marriott Waterside. I don't think it's walking distance but probably about a 5-minute cab ride. I would expect they would have a very nice breakfast.

Cheers, Michelle P.

Jubilee 5/9/02

Fantasy 9/5/02

Millennium 12/15/02

Imagination 5/8/03

Millennium 12/14/03

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=FF0033&cdt=2004;05;07;21;59;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Fascination 5/7/04

Hey Sue,

Doesn't your hotel have something? Where are you staying? I know that Channelside(as you know) is right at the port. Isn't there a Starbucks/coffee shoppe in there????

The whoel breakfast thing drives me nuts especially as we travel with our 2 kids. I used Hotwire last year for my Sensation cruise because it lists ameneties which Priceline does not. I ended up paying $5-10 more but well worth it. We got airport shuttle and breakfast free so worked well. Plus we were close to restaurants for dinner and a small convenience store.I love Priceline when we go to Orlando but for pre/post I prefer to know ameneties. Hmmm I am totally offtrack with this post aren't I??? It has been a long day!

No longer cruiseless...donations still accepted! ;-)

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2005;2;20;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Last cruise

Sensation 2/17/03

Thanks Guys. We are staying at the Hyatt Regency, won it on Priceline for $48, whoohoo! I know that they have a restaurant there, and we'll probably end up eating there. I wanted to know what our options are. When we stayed at the Hilton hotel, breakfast buffet was about $22 per person. To me, that's craziness. I want a cheap, efficient breakfast before heading to the port. I thought that if Hyatt didn't offer a quick, reasonable buffet, that we would try our luck at port.

I'll see what everyone wants to do. Thanks for the replies.

Suep366394@aol.com

woodstock-28.gif

Miracle.gif

Sue,

I copied soem info from the Hyatt's site but of course I am on my dh's computer and can't figure out how to paste it into the post. I love my MAC! Anyway, under the Hyatt's restaurant info it says they have a coffee bar serving Starbuck's coffee and breakfast pastry starting at 6am. They also have breakfast served in their restuarant.Hope that helps!

Did you get that price for February 05????

No longer cruiseless...donations still accepted! ;-)

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2005;2;20;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Last cruise

Sensation 2/17/03

Yeah! I love starbucks coffee! That should be fine to tide us over til lunch.

No, I got that rate for May. We are all staying at a different hotel in Feb! icon_smile.gif

Suep366394@aol.com

woodstock-28.gif

Miracle.gif

Sue--A lot of the Hyatt's that we stay at offer a "business class" upgrade to PL room holders. You get the business buffet for an extra $10 pp per night, plus I think a paper and maybe some internet access or something (i don't pay attention to any of the extras except the food!!!). Usually the buffet is $14-$16 pp so it is a good deal. The buffets we have had are very delicious with a large variety of nicely prepared foods. Can't hurt to ask when you check in.

doris

"I travel a lot; I hate having my life disrupted by routine"--Caskie Stinnett

Elation 10/20/02

Paradise 9/21/03

Star Princess 10/24/04

Since we're talking about Tampa: We live about an hour and a half away from Tampa. I was wondering how much it costs to park at the pier for a week. Would it be cheaper to book a hotel through priceline and just leave the car there for the week?

Thanks for your help!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=dc143c&cdt=2004;5;30;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

5/30 Inspiration

The port parking is $70.00.

Doulasue:

Which Hyatt are you staying at? If its downtown, right around the corner in the Sun Trust building is the best breakfast place around the corner, called the Boarding House. Or around the corner is a local favorite (the last 2 Presidents have stopped there, its a must see) called DeSoto's.

Jessica's Grad Cruise... woohoo RCL Mariner 6/5/05

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=a0522d&cdt=2005;06;05;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Happy 40th Birthday !! Caribbean Princess 10/2/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=a0522d&cdt=2004;10;02;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

The Boarding House, huh? Can we walk there from the Hyatt Regency downtown?? icon_smile.gif If we can, then that sound like fun! I'll have to check with the people that I'm cruising with, for all I know they don't even eat breakfast. I have to eat in the morning or I'm a total crankypants.

I'm sorry, I don't know the answer to the parking question above. Hopefully someone will!

Suep366394@aol.com

woodstock-28.gif

Miracle.gif

AOL won't let me edit my posts, so has to post another.

Doris, I wanted to say thanks for the great info on upgrading to business class for the buffet! That's a great idea too!

I love this board, anything you need to know, you can find out here.

Suep366394@aol.com

woodstock-28.gif

Miracle.gif

I am curious, too, if it is walking distance from the Hyatt. Does it have a web site? What is special about it? What about Desoto's?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by doulasue:

The Boarding House, huh? Can we walk there from the Hyatt Regency downtown?? icon_smile.gif If we can, then that sound like fun! I'll have to check with the people that I'm cruising with, for all I know they don't even eat breakfast. I have to eat in the morning or I'm a total crankypants.

I'm sorry, I don't know the answer to the parking question above. Hopefully someone will!

Suep366394@aol.com

http://www.bigotis.com/Glory/woodstock-28.gif

http://www.bigotis.com/Miracle.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cathy

Our trip on the Sensation

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;5;29;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Holiday 6/2003

Sensation 10 2003

http://community.webshots.com/user/catnipper

DeSoto's is off of Kennedy, 2 blocks from the Hyatt. It has the cuban flavor Tampa is known for.

As for the boarding house, it is really a great place to eat, but I dont know if they have a website.

Jessica's Grad Cruise... woohoo RCL Mariner 6/5/05

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=a0522d&cdt=2005;06;05;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Happy 40th Birthday !! Caribbean Princess 10/2/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=a0522d&cdt=2004;10;02;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Archived