Explorer of the Seas

rhinomike

Would love to hear opinions on this ship. We normally don’t like sea days and we will have four on our 14 day cruise.  We usually do interior or ocean view rooms. Thinking about upgrading....   Upgrade to a balcony worth the money?  Thank you. 

18 hours ago, rhinomike said:

Would love to hear opinions on this ship. We normally don’t like sea days and we will have four on our 14 day cruise.  We usually do interior or ocean view rooms. Thinking about upgrading....   Upgrade to a balcony worth the money?  Thank you. 

Tough to determine "worth" without some numbers.  How much and what is your present stateroom category?

Thank you for the response. Two interior rooms is about $12k. Two balcony rooms are $18k. It will be me and my wife in one cabin. The other cabin will be my three college age kids.

We depart Southampton England in July.  

52 minutes ago, rhinomike said:

Thank you for the response. Two interior rooms is about $12k. Two balcony rooms are $18k. It will be me and my wife in one cabin. The other cabin will be my three college age kids.

We depart Southampton England in July.  

It would not be worth that upgrade price to me.  I'd be happy with an outside view (no balcony).

21 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

It would not be worth that upgrade price to me.  I'd be happy with an outside view (no balcony).

I agree with you. But the wife wanted a balcony really bad. She just booked a balcony room for us. I told her to out the kids in a inside cabin across the hall. But they had one set of connecting cabins left with balconies. So she got those. Ouch. But she is happy. Thank you so much for your help.  It is greatly appreciated. I will pay it forward. 

16 minutes ago, rhinomike said:

I agree with you. But the wife wanted a balcony really bad. She just booked a balcony room for us. I told her to out the kids in a inside cabin across the hall. But they had one set of connecting cabins left with balconies. So she got those. Ouch. But she is happy. Thank you so much for your help.  It is greatly appreciated. I will pay it forward. 

You're welcome and I agree with your priorities.:classic_smile:

• 2 months later...

Update. We are in rooms 5818 and 5820. We paid a hefty price for these rooms. They are called spacious balcony rooms. I can still switch rooms. Does anyone see any problems or issues with these rooms. Thank you. 

37 minutes ago, rhinomike said:

Update. We are in rooms 5818 and 5820. We paid a hefty price for these rooms. They are called spacious balcony rooms. I can still switch rooms. Does anyone see any problems or issues with these rooms. Thank you. 

Are these staterooms on Explorer?  If so, I don't know of any staterooms on deck 5.

We were on deck 9 on Explorer in March, we had an interior and by the second sea day I wished we had a balcony. Just so that in the down time we could be in the cabin but still feel like we were on a ship and enjoy the view. 

How many days are you onboard? A $3000 differential per cabin for a long cruise might be value - otherwise... ouch! 

Hope you enjoy though. 

5 hours ago, M-H-B said:

We were on deck 9 on Explorer in March, we had an interior and by the second sea day I wished we had a balcony. Just so that in the down time we could be in the cabin but still feel like we were on a ship and enjoy the view. 

How many days are you onboard? A $3000 differential per cabin for a long cruise might be value - otherwise... ouch! 

Hope you enjoy though. 

Thank you. 

14 days.