NCL Jewel - Mar16/2019 - Vietnam / Cambodia Visa Help

redratcruiser

Hi All.

Sailing on the NCL Jewel from HK, March 16 2019. Visiting ports of Vietnam (4) and Cambodia (1).

They mentioned that we need visas for Canadian passport holders. E-Visa does not work for the cruise port in Cambodia so I have no choice but to get it through the cruise ship. As for Vietnam, does anyone know if I can apply for a visa through the E-Visa service from the Vietnamese government or will I have to go through NCL? Via Google, some say its only <10 USD while NCL says its >50 USD...

Also, can anyone recommend some solid private tour operators for Vietnam, Thailand and Cambodia? The shore excursions charges are kinda of steep...

Kindly appreciate all input.

Thanks

Welcome to the forum.   While I don't know the answer to your questions you may want to find the Roll Call for your sailing.  You'll find people who will be on that sailing and will know documentation requirements and may be sharing excursions.   The link is at the top of the page.

• Like 1

On 1/22/2019 at 4:22 PM, redratcruiser said:

Also, can anyone recommend some solid private tour operators for Vietnam, Thailand and Cambodia? The shore excursions charges are kinda of steep...

We were on the Jewel in Asia in March 2018, did private excursions in all ports.

It was all amazing,  I did a live review of the cruise with a big focus on the excursions we booked.   

I cannot figure out how to paste a link on this forum using my iPad to the review, but if you want to view it either go to my signature to find it or do a search for 

“Live from Singapore to HK on the Jewel”.

Loved this experience!   If you read the review and have more questions let me know, will do my best to answer....have a FANTASTIC trip!