Hurtigruten Lines CEO Visits Cruise Critic

Hello Cruisers, 

For a lot of us right now it’s feeling very “North Atlantic” but I hope the thoughts of planning your upcoming journeys keeps you warm with excitement. 

I see in some of the threads currently (and previously) lines are stopping in heretofore uncommon or even unavailable destinations like Greenland and beyond....wayyyyyy beyond. 

On 28 January we’ll have Daniel Skjeldam, CEO of Hurtigruten Lines as our guest answering your questions. Hurtigruten (meaning “fast route” in Norwegian) doesn’t offer quite the usual experience but then these aren’t the usual destinations. They have been operating since 1893 first as a coastal transport between cities and then eventually began offering expeditions as well. 

I know many of you have had the pleasure of repeat cruises in the Nortn Atlantic and other itineraries and I’ve read your posts. I know many of you are seeking new ports, new experiences, new frontiers because you’ve been fortunate to have seen and done a lot.

So....if whether you’ve heard of Hurtigruten or are just now learning about them and thought...what’s up with that? Type out a question here: 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/2440-qa-with-daniel-skjeldam-ceo-hurtigruten/

I did. I wanted to know more about their sustainability plans and a fave story. This is uncharted territory and...it’s just never easy to judge everything no matter what the website says. 

Please submit your questions by the 24th if possible so that Mr. Skjeldam has time to collect them to prepare for his visit. It will be a great opportunity for a direct connection to the “captain” of the corporate ship....they really do run everything 😉 

As ever, thanks for making.Cruise Critic wonderful...it’s all YOU. 🆒