Where in Caribbean?

• 2 weeks later...

That is a very, very broad question. The best areas are subjective since there is everything from private cruise line islands with everything (attractions, amenities, etc) purpose-made, there are places better known for their beaches, other for their culture and history. I suggest you look into itineraries and read up on the places where a ship you're interested in stops. As to the best times of year? It's the Caribbean. Every time is the best time to visit! Well... maybe except for hurricane season (especially from late August to early Nov.) due to the possibility of a storm lurking around. That said, the worst that can happen in a situation like that is that the ship gets re-routed to another island.

• 2 weeks later...

There are so many choices! My favorite port so far is Grand Cayman because I love the beaches and my least favorite is Cozumel because I have been so many times it bores me. My favorite time is anytime November-March. For my next cruise, I wanted to go somewhere I have never been and I googled pictures of a few places and picked the one I thought was prettiest. The Carribean is your oyster, have fun exploring!

On 2/2/2019 at 5:45 PM, Stinger-pr said:

That is a very, very broad question. The best areas are subjective since there is everything from private cruise line islands with everything (attractions, amenities, etc) purpose-made, there are places better known for their beaches, other for their culture and history. I suggest you look into itineraries and read up on the places where a ship you're interested in stops. As to the best times of year? It's the Caribbean. Every time is the best time to visit! Well... maybe except for hurricane season (especially from late August to early Nov.) due to the possibility of a storm lurking around. That said, the worst that can happen in a situation like that is that the ship gets re-routed to another island.

Please keep in mind ....  even worse is having a hurricane/tropical disturbance hitting your embarkation/disembarkation port which will cause a major problem getting to or from your ship.  :classic_mellow:

On 2/11/2019 at 10:05 PM, OCruisers said:

Please keep in mind ....  even worse is having a hurricane/tropical disturbance hitting your embarkation/disembarkation port which will cause a major problem getting to or from your ship.  :classic_mellow:

Yeah I should know. I'm from Puerto Rico and we got hammered by hurricane Maria while the Fascination was in sunny St. Lucia, for example. While that situation would be a major disruption for sure, I was simply making a point as to things that could happen during the cruise that would affect the ship or its passengers.