El Nicho - Cienfuegos

Bridetobe88

On 1/23/2019 at 10:25 AM, Bridetobe88 said:

Has anyone done an excursion to El Nicho from Cienfuegos? If so, did you enjoy it and what company did you use? I am trying to decide whether to go through the Royal Caribbean or a private tour. 

It was a toss up between going to El Nicho vs. Trinidad when we had 2 days in Cienfuegos. If you use a private guide make sure the operator has a good vehicle. I would not trust any operator that does not tell you what vehicle they use.  It would not be fun to get stuck in the mountains with an old classic car.  Here is a good article on going to the waterfall: https://www.tastingpage.com/traveling/diving-into-el-nicho-waterfalls-cuba

Laurence

We used Shago Tours and had a great time. The drive is about 1 hr but very scenic. Go early as the place gets crowded. The trail to the falls is easy but gets steep at the very end. We paid 200cuc for two people and that included lunch at the park. Still gave us an hour to shop in town and drop off at the port. Booked on line with a $40.00 deposit

Edited by rvmike

• 2 months later...
On 1/26/2019 at 8:43 PM, rvmike said:

We used Shago Tours and had a great time. The drive is about 1 hr but very scenic. Go early as the place gets crowded. The trail to the falls is easy but gets steep at the very end. We paid 200cuc for two people and that included lunch at the park. Still gave us an hour to shop in town and drop off at the port. Booked on line with a $40.00 deposit

Thanks for this info. I waited too long and the ship tour sold out, so we decided to go with Shago. They were prompt in their response and gave more detail than other companies I reached out to. Hope we enjoy it and all goes smoothly.