Chichen Itza by air excursion- Cozumel

We did this in 2017 and booked it independently through www.flycozumel.com and it was an Incredible trip!!!  Highly recommend them, they took good care of us from start to finish!!!  Have Fun

1 hour ago, ggtjr said:

Great if you want to pay big bucks. Does it fly to the location?

Yes it does fly you on a Cessna plane. The only reason I would book it through the cruise is because if something were to happen and we were running late the boat would wait for us.

We didn’t book thru the cruiseline, we did it while staying in Cozumel for a week.  We booked it with a local travel agent there, it is a great experience.  The plane we flew was a twin engined prop plane built in Russia.  Was a bit surreal.  Of course this was 21 years ago.  They are probably still using the same plane.😈

jc

On 1/23/2019 at 7:24 PM, sprky said:

We did this in 2017 and booked it independently through www.flycozumel.com and it was an Incredible trip!!!  Highly recommend them, they took good care of us from start to finish!!!  Have Fun

We also did this trip with Fly Cozumel in 2017 and were very happy.

• 4 months later...
On 1/24/2019 at 12:09 AM, Snowprincipessa said:

Hello All- I saw a Chichen Itza by air excursion being offered on my cruise and was wondering if anyone else has done it. I can’t find reviews online for that specific excursion.

Did you try it yet?  Would be interesting to hear your experience if the RCL one as I can find “no” reviews for it 

3 hours ago, nyxr said:

Did you try it yet?  Would be interesting to hear your experience if the RCL one as I can find “no” reviews for it 

Unfortunately, we are supposed to do this excursion next week (our cruise leaves Sunday), but RCL cancelled it.  So, I will unable to provide any reviews.  😞  There are people who have used independent companies like Fly Cozumel and have made reviews of those trips online.  We have decided to forgo trying to get to Chichen Itza this time (we don't want to do the overland trip because we want more time at the site) and will make it a beach day.  I'm disappointed, but I plan to get to the ruins someday.

I’m really Sorry to hear that. I would have been very disappointed. The main driver for us to go on the cruise is the Mayan ruins. And as you say the long bus trips aren’t that tempting. Did you get any details on why it flying option was canceled? I might consider the independent option fly but a cruise line excursion comes with a guarantee to make the ship. Which sounds good for excursions that might be impacted by a number of failures and weather etc.

4 minutes ago, nyxr said:

I’m really Sorry to hear that. I would have been very disappointed. The main driver for us to go on the cruise is the Mayan ruins. And as you say the long bus trips aren’t that tempting. Did you get any details on why it flying option was canceled? I might consider the independent option fly but a cruise line excursion comes with a guarantee to make the ship. Which sounds good for excursions that might be impacted by a number of failures and weather etc.

All the email said was for "operational reasons."  To be honest, I haven't tried to contact RCL to ask for more details.  We wanted to book through them for that exact reason...if something goes wrong, they will wait.  Perhaps next time.  If you do happen to ever sign up and go, I'd love to hear about it.  🙂