Snorkeling excursions

themerle

Woodwind at Bonaire has a great reputation. You have to book them thru their website. They will give beginners a noodle to swim with. They will also keep beginners all together with a divemaster. 

I just booked an RCI sail/snorkel excursion on Mi Dushi for Aruba. I've never used them before, but I got an excellent recommenation from a frequent vacationer to Aruba. 

Have a great time visiting the ABC's!! 

In my opinion Bonaire is the best of the three choices. Woodwind is excellent. If you want to go from land, check out Spice Beach. We have been several times (on our own and through the cruise line). Entrance is from a dock. Lots of fish around and even saw an octopus in November. However there is no coral or plant life and the beach is not like a beach we see elsewhere. 

Bonaire has the best snorkeling (and protected waters with little current) but you should try snorkeling at your first port.  That way you can learn there and enjoy the snorkeling at the later ports.

4 minutes ago, jimvern1966 said:

Anyone know if you are allowed to bring swim noodles when you go on a snorkeling tour??

That would depend on the individual operator.

Also, they normally supply inflatable snorkel vests.

23 hours ago, Johnamac123 said:

Woodwind at Bonaire has a great reputation.

21 hours ago, Hopetotravel said:

Another vote for Woodwind. 

+1 for Woodwind

For St Marten google Soualiga. More than just snorkelling... #1 St Marten excursion on Tripadvisor. I've been with them twice.

1 hour ago, jimvern1966 said:

Anyone know if you are allowed to bring swim noodles when you go on a snorkeling tour??

Woodwind in Bonaire furnishes noodles for anyone who needs one. They are a very well equiped tour provider.  I couldn't imagine anyone else would object to a noodle being used, but you could email the tour provider and ask. 

1 hour ago, jimvern1966 said:

We went with Woodwind in Bonaire last year (who I highly recommend) and they provided flotation devices for anyone who wanted one.