Comparing two Ships has anyone ever been on??

Houzer

We are planning on a Southern Caribbean Cruise with Royal Caribbean line we really like the Aruba trip but we are not sure about the ship?? I like the extra's they have on the other Southern trip but it is on a different ship. So has anyone been on the Serenade of the Seas and the Adventure of the Seas and what do you think??? I am so confused with this one, I really want to enjoy the ship just as much as the ports?

Help!!!

Thanks Houzer:confused:

You might post this on the Royal Caribbean board. Also, search through the RCI board as there are several threads asking for comparisons of the Adventure and the Serenade. You definitely aren't alone in wondering which one would be best for you.

I have done both ships and both itineraries. It depends on your taste, IMO.

I much prefer the route on SOS as I love St. Lucia and Antigua. I enjoyed Curacao on AOS the best of the ports on that itinerary. I have done the southern route in various combinations a dozen times and like the port intensity. Certain ports, like Barbados, I do not care for so I just stay on the ship.

I think SOS is a beautiful ship with acres of brass and glass that really feel like an ocean liner. AOS, like all Voyager class ships IMO, are too big and feel like convention hotels. I prefer the Centrum on SOS to the Grand Promenade. Also, there were a ton more kids on AOS which I do not like.

I prefer the size of the ship and the service on SOS as well as the Concierge Lounge.

For me, the decision is really about the ship, not the ports, and it is an easy one.

This was a hard decision for us too. I originally wanted the Adventure because it looked incredible as big as it was. But almost everyone here reccommended the Serenade. So Serenade it is and we leave Saturday. The the itinerary is amazing. Just wish there was another sea day.

Archived