Transport berth 46 San Pedro port

Rodbarry

Can anyone explain what happens when our Princess ship arrives at berth 46 at San Pedro...I read there's a bus to get people to the World Cruise Centre(berth 92)..is that so and how long does it usually take to ferry everyone there..we gather it's too far to walk, or maybe not allowed?

Thanks

Rod and Barry

Have only left from this pier it is just a parking lot and they put up white tents for checkin and luggage collection. I would arrange transporting for getting you to your destination. It is about a 10 minute taxi ride to berth 92. I would not want to walk it with luggage. It is a very busy street.

Why not give Princess a call and see if they can give you any information.

7 hours ago, juniper berries said:

Have only left from this pier it is just a parking lot and they put up white tents for checkin and luggage collection. I would arrange transporting for getting you to your destination. It is about a 10 minute taxi ride to berth 92. I would not want to walk it with luggage. It is a very busy street.

Why not give Princess a call and see if they can give you any information.

Hi, really appreciate your reply thank you...to clarify, once we arrive at berth 46, are there busses ferrying people back to the main terminal at World Cruise Centre? Seems you took a taxi between them?

Thanks

Rod and Barry

That area of the docks is closed to the public. Security would not allow foot traffic out to the public street. Between 46 and the cruise center is the Vincent Thomas Bridge. About 1/3 mile long with NO PEDESTRIAN TRAFFIC ALLOWED. The arriving pax usually pass through customs that is located on the second floor of the cruise center. Looks like your should be prepared for some walking. The issue I see is the luggage. As a rule, the first group of  pax are not released until their luggage is staged. Thinking entire process may be delayed over an hour.

11 hours ago, jlp20 said:

That area of the docks is closed to the public. Security would not allow foot traffic out to the public street. Between 46 and the cruise center is the Vincent Thomas Bridge. About 1/3 mile long with NO PEDESTRIAN TRAFFIC ALLOWED. The arriving pax usually pass through customs that is located on the second floor of the cruise center. Looks like your should be prepared for some walking. The issue I see is the luggage. As a rule, the first group of  pax are not released until their luggage is staged. Thinking entire process may be delayed over an hour.

Long Beach may have a berth 46, but OP mentioned San Pedro. We join our next cruise at the Outer Harbour/Berth 46 in San Pedro and that berth is down by the breakwater at the end of Miner Street. It is on the same side of the harbour as World Cruise Centre and is about a 2.5 mile drive.

Only cruise docks across the Bridge that I am aware of is the Carnival dock next to the Queen Mary.

The San Pedro Outer Harbour/Berth #46 is used by other cruise lines, when WCC is full.

Confirm the above from Heidi - we were docked at 46 on a Princess coastal and walked all the way up into San Pedro (we turned off the harbourfront just before the WCC, but did pass the big CRAFTED 'artisanal center' plus the Battleship Iowa and Maritime Museum) on good sidewalks the whole way. It certainly wasn't a short walk, and if it had been a hot or rainy day we'd have grabbed a cab - there were a few cycling through as they're not silly and a fare from our ship would instantly add an extra couple of bucks compared to the regular WCC berths, but we fancied stretching our legs.

IIRC we were told there was a shuttle bus, but when we walked out there was no sign of it and a bunch of folks waiting so we just hoofed it. I do recall seeing small buses going past a few times during our wandering (and plenty of cabs), but those could have been the parking shuttles - I think the overflow lot is close to berth 46.

BTW if this is a port stop rather than your disembarkation (or you want to kill time before a later flight or something) there's actually quite a lot to see and do just in this part of San Pedro - we had a really full day (visiting the Muller House museum and Cabrillo aquarium as well as the sites noted above) and didn't get around to it all!

re berth 46

Thanks to everyone for their replies. So we might have about an hour delay getting transported with our luggage from berth 46 to the World Cruise Centre..we have booked a shuttle there to a hotel, so we are trying to time our journey. Princess must put on shuttles to get everyone back to the main terminal, just can't quite imagine the crowds of people leaving the ship with luggage and trying to get on the shuttle to main terminal

Regards

Rod and Barry

On 1/28/2019 at 9:53 AM, Heidi13 said:

Long Beach may have a berth 46, but OP mentioned San Pedro. We join our next cruise at the Outer Harbour/Berth 46 in San Pedro and that berth is down by the breakwater at the end of Miner Street. It is on the same side of the harbour as World Cruise Centre and is about a 2.5 mile drive.

Only cruise docks across the Bridge that I am aware of is the Carnival dock next to the Queen Mary.

The San Pedro Outer Harbour/Berth #46 is used by other cruise lines, when WCC is full.

Using Google Earth I located pier 46. Using your directions I found this, yellow tack at top is cruise center, pier 46? is tack at bottom. I sit corrected..

image.thumb.png.45f1427f023d97d36d64e19cf53b2cd6.png

16 hours ago, Rodbarry said:

re berth 46

Thanks to everyone for their replies. So we might have about an hour delay getting transported with our luggage from berth 46 to the World Cruise Centre..we have booked a shuttle there to a hotel, so we are trying to time our journey. Princess must put on shuttles to get everyone back to the main terminal, just can't quite imagine the crowds of people leaving the ship with luggage and trying to get on the shuttle to main terminal

Regards

Rod and Barry

You say you booked a shuttle - so why not just have them come get you at berth 46...? If it's Super Shuttle or the like they will come anywhere that they can drive to; if it's a free hotel shuttle they might have a range limit that WCC is within but 46 is beyond - but I'd still check with them in case as why not make life easy?

49 minutes ago, martincath said:

You say you booked a shuttle - so why not just have them come get you at berth 46...? If it's Super Shuttle or the like they will come anywhere that they can drive to; if it's a free hotel shuttle they might have a range limit that WCC is within but 46 is beyond - but I'd still check with them in case as why not make life easy?

Thanks martincath, have asked when making the booking and they said no, but you never know worth asking again so we did!

Still seems no one has experienc of being shuttled up from berth46 to WCC and indicating time taken/

Thanks

Rod and Barry

Found this info buried on the Princess website:

Los Angeles World Cruise Center, Berth 93 or Berth 92
100 Swinford Street
San Pedro, CA 90731

Los Angeles World Cruise Center, Berth 46 
3011 Miner Street
San Pedro, CA 90731

Berth 54
2350 S. Miner Street
San Pedro, CA 90731
(Berth 54/55 is at the corner of 22nd Street and Miner, San Pedro, CA 90731)