Our daysail on High Pockets

erniesband

My son (20), husband and I spent our day in St. Thomas last week on High Pockets, along with another couple on a land vacation on St. Thomas, and had a great time. Captain Kathleen, and her crew member, Al, created a great day for us. High Pockets is a comfortable boat. Max capacity is 6 people. We had a fun sail in the morning, heading over to St. John, in picturesque waters. We spent time snorkeling near Honeymoon Beach, I believe, while Captain Kathleen prepared a delicious lunch, following by a short sail to a second snorkeling location. This was a much shorter stop, but we got to see turtles. There were refreshments available throughout the day, however no coffee. If you need that am caffiene, bring it with you (or buy it at the American Yacht Harbor before you board High Pockets). Kathleen is a nurse and a gourmet cook, fun, and easy to talk to. Anyone who wanted a turn got a chance behind the wheel. We were back at Red Hook about 3:30, and Kathleen called to get us a taxi back to the ship. If you've got 5 or more, she can arrange the cab to pick you up at the pier and return you there. Normally if you're a group of less than 5, you need to arrange your own transport (because of her drivers, not her). They were available to pick us up (at the going rate - somewhere between $10-$12 per person, each way), because they weren't already booked.

It was a terrific day, one I'd recommend to anyone. We'd definitely go with High Pockets if we were to do another day sail.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived