Pier Upgrades

jeannie1962

Does anyone know if Carnival does pier upgrades upon embarkation? We were able to do it with our RCCI cruise, but I haven't seen any posts under the Carnival area. Thanks!

2/01 Carnival Esctasy

10/01 Carnival Triumph

5/02 RCCL Majesty Of The Seas

12/02 RCCL Explorer

9/03 Carnival Pride

5/04 Carnival Victory

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=FF0000&cdt=2004;5;23;4;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Carnival rarely has cabins available on embarkation day. On all of my Carnival cruises, they were all sold out prior to embarkation.

Beverly

Southward 1988, Britannis 1994, Dolphin IV 1995, Star Princess (old version) 1996, Sea Princess 1999, Seabreeze 1999, Rembrandt 2000, Destiny 2000, Seabreeze 2000, Triumph 2000, Norwegian Majesty 2001, Destiny 2001, Sensation 2002, Victory 2002, Destiny 2003, Vision of the Seas 2003, Triumph 2003, Voyager of the Seas 2004,

I don't think I can remember a cruise where the "No Upgrades Available" sign was NOT posted at the Purser's Desk.

Tom <--- Curmudgeon of the Seas

imgcommentary_hackstone.jpg

bagpiper_piping_md_wht.gif

Eleven cruises so far. Up next:

Shhhh, it's a surprise!

On every sailing I have been on there was a sign saying "No Cabins Available" at the pursers desk. I just read an article about Carnival upgrades and they said IF (and it's rare) Cabins are available, they sell those upgrades at the pier and that you're better off buying the upgrade before sailing if that's truely what you want. Hope this helps.

Atom.gifGroup board for the Royal Hounds 9/19/04

For pricing and booking info click:Royal Hounds

Miracle 2/13/05, Royal Hounds 9/19/04, Conquestadors 1/11/04,

Glory Hounds 9/13/03, Triumph 1/03, Fascination 5/02

royalsmallwide.gif

If lifes a beach... then I want to cruise there!

For pricing and booking info click:Royal Hounds

I'm so glad I saw this posting, I was just wondering if this policy had changes!

I've been on 5 carnival ships and I'm sure the "No Cabins Available" sign is glued to the desk. I've been on cruises where the CD or someone mentioned that the cruise is not sold out and yet the sign is still out there...

I can only assume they don't want the hassel of people moving all over the place, and carnival is far more generous when it comes to free upgrades than RCCL. But honestly I really like the RCCL system better. You get the cabin category you paid for at booking, and then at the pier you see if upgrades are available. It works well for single traveler too since the upgrades are per cabin not per person. On Explorer of the Seas I was able to get an outside cabin for less than 1/3 of the difference at the time of booking.

Might be cruising Carnival at the end of the month, will ask and see what the upgrade charges are.

Rob

Regal Empress 7/97, Nordic Empress 10/97, Sensation 11/98, Paradise 11/99, Ecstasy 11/00, Norway 5/01, Triumph 11/01, Explorer of the Seas 9/02, Paradise 5/03

Archived