Rules for sailing with 18 year old non related kids

Have now spoken to 4 RCCL agents and received 3 different answers!  We are trying to book a cruise with 2 adults (me and DH), DD15, DS18, 7 of DS friends who are also 18.  Our plan was to book one room with our DD and DS listed (but that can accommodate 3), next door a room with me and 3 of DS 18yr old friends, then a room one away with DH and 3 of DS friends.  So 2 rooms side by side, skip a room, one more.  2 agents have said yes that's fine.  One agent says each over 21 year old passenger can only take up to 2 under 21 year old, non related guests (so with DH and myself we'd only be able to take a total of 4 unrelated under 21's), and the 4th agent is saying we can't have more unrelated under 21's than equals the number of under 21 relateds (our own children) that we are taking.  I am totally confused!! Anyone have any first hand information?  Concern is that 2 agents have said the booking won't bounce us if they allow it and it's not correct so we could be challenged at port or have reservation cancelled.  But it seems like they also can't get a definite answer and that it's open to the interpretation of the agent!

One thing they are all in agreement on is that you need to book an over 21 year old in a room with unrelated under 21's (so can't book 4 unrelated 18's in a room) but can move around once on boat.  2 of the rooms would be side by side and the 3rd room would be one room away--not too many 4 pax inside rooms side by side!

Thank you!

Wow. That’s a lot of conflicting information. We have never brought that many non-family under 21 so can’t answer which is correct.   But if I were you I would try to find a knowledgeable TA who knows or can figure out this puzzle.   RC is not known for knowledgeable or consistent agents. 

And it it is true once you get on board it’s very easy to get extra keys to any room and no one cares who sleeps in what room (unless you overwhelm the stateroom attendant with more guests than listed, but that doesn’t sound like it with you). 

Good luck!  

I would definitely work with a knowledgeable TA or perhaps speak to a supervisor at RC and get written confirmation of what you are told.  

In in the past I remember reading several threads similar to this where the problem was the 18 year olds were not family members - I think that’s your problem.  Basically it sounds like you are trying to book seven people under 21, plus your own two children. I don’t think you have enough adults to do that but you definitely need expert advice.