Cigars

UKGirlyUSA

Hello out there to all the Cruisers, Firstly thank you to everyone who assisted me on my last Topic. I am nearing my 1st Cruise with  better success in May thanks to you all.

Again I ask for help, No Judging please!! (HA HA) Now every now and again I like to smoke a good cigar. I am thinking this Cruise may be one of these times. Now as I am traveling home I will have on my person or in my case my Cigar lighter and cutter. 

My question is as this is a possible flammable item do I pack in my carry on or suitcase luggage, or will I not be allowed to travel with such and item? it may be a silly question but I need to ask for peace of mind.

Thank you in Advance

9 hours ago, Bigmike911 said:

Bring you cutter if you like, but not lighter. Cunard provides long cigar matches in Churchills. 

Haven't seen matches in Churchill's for two years.  (Perhaps too many were taken for souvenirs rather than to light cigars.)  The attendant however will have a lighter. 

Matches and lighters are not on Cunard's list of prohibited items.  If you have to fly to the embarkation port that's a different story.  Per US TSA:

Disposable and Zippo Lighters

Carry On Bags: Yes

Checked Bags: Yes (Special Instructions)

Disposable and Zippo lighters without fuel are allowed in checked bags. Lighters with fuel are prohibited in checked bags, unless they adhere to the Department of Transportation exemption, which allows up to two fueled lighters if properly enclosed in a DOT approved case.

Safety Matches

Carry On Bags: Yes

Checked Bags: No

One book of safety (non-strike anywhere) matches are permitted as carry-on items, but all matches are prohibited in checked baggage.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, UKGirlyUSA said:

Thank you most useful. At least now I know I can just empty my lighter and not have to leave it behind. 

Don't know if the ship sells lighter fluid.  That cannot be transported by air either as carry on or in checked baggage.  If having your own lighter is something you find convenient then you might invest in a DOT approved case.

This may help: Airline Passengers and Lighters

Edited by BlueRiband
  • Thanks 1

Thank you, no like I said I do not smoke that much at all maybe 4 times a year however the lighter was a gift and I would like to take it home with me. I will try to contact canard or tea and find out best way to send home. Thankyou for the link I will take a look.

Edited by UKGirlyUSA
Add

I go to Churchill's when ever I'm on a Cunard ship. I also always bring my cigars, cutter and lighter and they are packed in my suitcase. I have never been questioned nor had any issues. This includes flying from the U.S. and embarking in Hamburg, Southampton or New York. Enjoy your smoke!

• Thanks 1