Navigator Concierge category cabin questions

My wife and I have never been on a Regent cruise and have booked a "concierge category" cabin on the Sep. 2020 New York to Montreal cruise. I notice this offers us an included mini-frig. stocked with Beer , wine and sodas. Does it include wine or other alcoholic beverages, or do these have to be purchased separately? Also, do these cabins have enuf electrical outlets to accommodate a normal inventory of cell phone chargers, camera battery chargers, and i-pad chargers, for two people? How are the included wines onboard? We aren't wine-snobs, but having lived the past 30 years in the Napa wine country we appreciate good wine.

As for the power portion of your question, there are only a few plugs (both US and European) in the cabin. I always either bring an extension cord, power strip, or more recently, this "Power Cube" (from Amazon). The one pictured has 4 outlets and 2 USB ports. It comes with 4 interchangeable wall plugs: US, UK, EU and AU sockets ,

PowerCube.JPG

1 hour ago, Fairfield Nana said:

My wife and I have never been on a Regent cruise and have booked a "concierge category" cabin on the Sep. 2020 New York to Montreal cruise. I notice this offers us an included mini-frig. stocked with Beer , wine and sodas. Does it include wine or other alcoholic beverages, or do these have to be purchased separately? Also, do these cabins have enuf electrical outlets to accommodate a normal inventory of cell phone chargers, camera battery chargers, and i-pad chargers, for two people? How are the included wines onboard? We aren't wine-snobs, but having lived the past 30 years in the Napa wine country we appreciate good wine.

The only ship with enough USB outlets is Explorer.  On other Regent ships we take extension cords with extra outlets like this one https://smile.amazon.com/Portable-Charging-Carrying-Universal-POWERGENCE/dp/B075282TD1/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1548983986&sr=8-16&keywords=travel+extension+plugs

You definitely do not have to buy any alcohol for your suite.  The alcohol onboard is quite high end and you can order two bottles from from your Steward/Stewardess.  Below are the included alcohol brands available as of now:

remium Brands
VODKA
Absolut Absolut Citron Belvedere Chopin Gluten Free
Ketel One Smirnoff Stolichnaya Tito’s Gluten Free
Van Gogh Espresso Van Gogh Chocolate Grey Goose
BOURBON
Jack Daniel’s Jim Beam Maker’s Mark Wild Turkey
CANADIAN WHISKEY
Canadian Club Crown Royal Seagram’s Seven Seagram’s V.O.
BLENDED SCOTCH WHISKY
Ballantines Chivas Regal Cutty Sark Dewar’s White Label
Johnnie Walker Black Label Johnnie Walker Red Label J & B Rare
SINGLE MALTSCOTCH WHISKY
Glenfiddich Glenmorangie Macallan Select Oak Paul John Brilliance
IRISH WHISKEY
Bushmills Jameson
GIN
Beefeater, London Dry Bombay Sapphire Gordon’s, London Dry Tanqueray, Special Dry
TEQUILA
Don Julio Añejo Jose Cuervo Gold Patrón Reposado Espadin Mezcal
RUM
Bacardi, Carta Blanca Bacardi Limón Captain Morgan Spiced Mount Gay
Myer's Diplomatico Ron de Venezuela
COGNAC
Courvoisier V.S.O.P. Camus V.S.O.P. Rémy Martin V.S.O.P.
WINE
Chardonnay Sauvignon Blanc Pinot Grigio Cabernet Sauvignon
Merlot Pinot Noir Sparkling Wine Shiraz
Champagne (Included in your suite day of embarkation)
Connoisseur Selection
If your personal choice is not listed above or if you wish to upgrade to a Connoisseur brand please contact special service. (Charges may apply)
  Comments :  
Beers
INTERNATIONAL BEERS AND CIDER
Amstel Light Corona Estrella Gluten Free Grolsch
Guinness Heineken Heineken Light Newcastle Brown Ale
Paulaner Weissbier Tiger Red Stripe
NORTH AMERICAN BEERS
Budweiser Bud Light Coors Light Samuel Adams
Samuel Adams Rebel IPA  Angry Orchard Cider
ALCOHOL-FREE BEERS
Buckler Heineken 0.0
Sodas
Coca Cola Diet Coke Sprite Diet Sprite
Tonic Ginger Ale Caffeine Free Coke Soda Water
Fanta Sparkling Water Still Water Caffeine Free Diet Coke

In terms of wine - that is so subjective.  Regent does have California wines as well as wines from other places in the world.  They also have a Connoisseur selection with a price tag.  Most of us use OBC's (on board credits) to purchase these wines.

Hope that you have a TA (travel agent) that is familiar with Regent and will provide with with both OBC's and a percentage back on your cruise fare.  TA's that do not typically book Regent cruises may not provide either.

We were not able to order our 2 bottles of liquor ahead of the cruise, due to having a guarantee cabin, but when we met our attendant the day of boarding, she asked what we would like. I asked if she had a list, and she said that she did not, but said tell me what you would like. DH asked for Glenmorangie, and I asked for Gran Marnier. We received both, as well as a bottle of wine, and Prossecco (which was not to my liking, so I asked to have champagne going forward, and she replaced it with said, and kept us stocked with a new one whenever it was emptied).

I mention this, as I see that liqueurs are not on that list. We were not charged for anything. This was our first Regent cruise, and I am still getting my head around the high level of service, and value we received.

• Like 1

We are just back from our first cruise with Regent on the Navigator.

There was a bottle of champagne on ice when we entered our suite and our suite stewardess asked if she could get us a drink and brought a litre bottle of Southern Comfort and Bombay Sapphire Gin. 

Mixers were in the fridge along with beers and replaced as we used them along with fresh ice in the ice bucket daily.

There were also small and large bottles of water, that were replaced as we used them.

We found on the whole that the included wines were good and you will be offered the wine of the day, but if you ave had a wine you like, you can ask for this or champagne or prosecco.

We thoroughly enjoyed our first cruise on Regent and it is truly all inclusive.

FYI, if they are serving a particular wine that is not to your liking, just ask for a substitute.  If they are serving a pinot gris and you don't like it, you should ask for what you do like such as a Chardonnay.  They will be happy to oblige.  You simply need to ask.  I think you will be very pleasantly surprised.

• Like 1

To get an idea of several of the included wines, go to the "Wines Around the World" tasting.  I think it was the late morning of our first sea day on the Amazon cruise.  It was a great opportunity to sample some of the wines and meet the sommeliers.  Then you can ask questions about what else they have, they can get to know your tastes, and you also get to see the premium wines and their prices as well.