Question about ferry to Capri from cruise port

ML24

We'll be on the NCL (Epic) Med cruise in May.  I want to get my ferry tickets in advance for Capri and they have a ferry (I want the slower ferry) that leaves at 7:55 a.m.  Will we have enough time to make this departure?  How far is the walk from the ship to the ferry?  The ship is scheduled to dock at 7:00 a.m.

Thanks!

Calata Porta di Massa, where the Caremar car ferries (the slow ferries) depart/arrive is a half mile walk from the cruise port at Molo Angioino, following the pathway within the port itself.  Depending on how fast you walk it should only take you between 10 - 15 minutes once you are off the ship.  If you arrive on time you should be able to make this departure but note that boarding stops about ten minutes prior to departure time on these ferries (the fast ferries at Molo Beverello board right up until the moment they depart).

There really is no need to purchase these tickets in advance, with an on-line purchase I'm not sure if you have to stop at the ticket office anyway to exchange the voucher or if you can go directly to the ship.

You can see the ticket office for Caremar at Porta di Massa on a google map using these coordinates as your address:  40°50'36.6"N 14°15'39.0"E

WE are tendering into Sorrento in April.This will be our first visit and I would like to explore Sorrento.However Capri sounds lovely.Would I have enough time if I caught the ferry to Capri, stayed there a couple of hours before returning to Sorrento, or am I best just exploring Sorrento?

To be honest there's not much point having just a couple of hours in Capri. There's not much around where the ferries stop. You need to go up to Annacapri, when we were there the bus queue was very long so we shared a taxi with another couple. There are some nice shops and eateries in Annacapri and you can then take a chair lift to the top for beautiful views.  Sorento is lovely to spend a few hours, there are great cafes with sea views. If you've not already been, I'd recommend Pompeii as it's  very interesting.