Cabin cleaning

cali-croozer

11 hours ago, xDisconnections said:

Last time Carnival fell short of my expectations, I contacted the Hotel Director so they could improve the experience going forward.

This, if you don't give feedback while on board, you don't give them a chance to address the problem and try to make it right. I have given feedback on both positive and negative experiences to members of on-board management several times and they tell me they appreciate both, they like to know where they are doing good and where they need to improve. Anytime we have had an issue (there haven't been many) when we have talked to the person who is responsible for that area and they have been more than helpful in making it right for us. Avoiding bringing up directly and in person is doing yourself and others a disservice. 

Edited by schazzy

i'm sure the Room stewards are hoping that everyone will ask for their cabin to be serviced only once a day.  It's a bit misleading when they ask you if you prefer morning or afternoons.  They make it sound like you only have one choice.  We're not slobs, but we do like getting fresh towels and turn-down service.  Just tell him/her that you would like your cabin serviced twice a day.  If you want more hangers, just ask him.  If you want ice in your room, ask for it.

I wish they would just have a form in your room to check off all of the items/services you want to have during your cruise.

We always request twice a day, as we like being pampered.
Never had a steward get upset and we actually seem to get better service than the time we did just an evening service.

Also, realized this last cruise you can request a specific towel animal and they will do that for you.
We had been wanting a dinosaur but by day 5 hadn't gotten one (even though we saw one on a cart the first day) so we asked Wayan (our steward) and got our dino!
Seems logical but it hadn't occurred to us to ask before!

Now we are going to have a list of a few animals we want to see.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Just off the Breeze back on the 9th.  I did ask our steward how often are the shower curtains changed?  He said he puts up fresh ones before each new cruise.  He asked if we wanted our cabin serviced once or twice per day which is the first time we've ever been asked.  We opted for twice, but told him we are very easy.  We keep our cabin clean, just need fresh towels and trash emptied.  Erman took very good care of us and when he came back with extra pillows for us on day 1, my husband tried to give him some cash and he declined.  He asked that we wait until the end of the cruise, and he will share with the others.  That tells me all tips are to be pooled.  One thing I didn't care for was coming back to the cabin one day to find our balcony door propped open and a maintenance worker out on our deck.  We startled him, as he startled us and said our drain on the balcony was backed up.  He quickly finished what he was doing and walked back through our room with his wet shoes.  I expect our steward to be there unannounced, but would have liked some warning if a worker was going to be in our cabin.  

4 hours ago, pamesacruisin said:

Just off the Breeze back on the 9th.  I did ask our steward how often are the shower curtains changed?  He said he puts up fresh ones before each new cruise.  

It was nice of him to put your mind at ease with a story like that. 😂

59 minutes ago, sanmarcosman said:

It was nice of him to put your mind at ease with a story like that. 😂

You don't believe that wasn't true? We have done several B2Bs and at the end of each leg 0n 7 day cruises, we have fresh shower curtains. (And we are not dirty people.  🙂 )