Cabin cleaning

cali-croozer

17 hours ago, coevan said:

It's your cruise, no reason to be shy about asking for what you want

On our last cruise, the steward told us that he would becoming in the morning. We knew that we could have requested additional service but it was not a big deal so we went with his schedule. 

Perhaps being a Diamond, I get asked by the steward at the first day introduction about cabin freshening frequency.  I usually opt for once if solo, twice if with Evelyn.  They hand a card to show my preference, which I sign, not a big deal.

I use the same occasion to advise the steward of our dining time (usually late), and whether we want ice, robes or towel animals or not.  Seems like S.O.P. to me.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/1/2019 at 4:05 PM, cali-croozer said:

I tried searching, but guess I am using the wrong terms so........haven't been on Carnival for awhile.  Last time, the cabin was serviced twice daily.  Then I heard they would ask you on the first day whether you wanted once or twice daily service.  What is the current policy on this?  We are sailing the Inspiration in a regular cabin, not a suite, if that makes a difference.  Thanks in advance.

Just of the Paradise:

The steward will ask you if you want one or two turn downs, we will always as for two, that is what we pay for.

Cruising is all about being spoiled.

Our Cabin steward only gave us a morning or evening option and told us the times he worked the morning option was better for us as his evening hours would be when we were in our cabin getting ready for dinner, to be honest he didnt do a very good job for 3 days we had no shower gel and the shower mat was not replaced despite requesting and on the day we were in San Juan i think the only thing done was the bins were emptied 

19 minutes ago, glittergal1 said:

Our Cabin steward only gave us a morning or evening option and told us the times he worked the morning option was better for us as his evening hours would be when we were in our cabin getting ready for dinner, to be honest he didnt do a very good job for 3 days we had no shower gel and the shower mat was not replaced despite requesting and on the day we were in San Juan i think the only thing done was the bins were emptied 

Unacceptable.

55 minutes ago, glittergal1 said:

We had a soap and other toiletries shortage for a short while

until they got to the St. Thomas stop, where several containers of supplies

were lined up on the dock, that day.

When we came back on board around 1 p.m.

supplies had arrived and been distributed. Soap galore, everything!

On other Southern Caribbean Carnival cruises,

I've noticed that supplies happen at Havensight, St. Thomas -not at San Juan!

Pictures show the supplies for our ship... at St. Thomas!

Supplies-112.jpg

Supplies-191.jpg

On 2/23/2019 at 2:13 PM, glittergal1 said:

Did you escalate the issue?

No we didnt escalate the issue so much was not great about this cruise we were getting fed up of going to guest services and being fobbed off, , We simply showered in the shampoo and used towels from the numerous towel animals we had on the floor in place of the missing shower mat . We have realised Carnival as a cruise line is not for us . 

On 2/2/2019 at 11:58 AM, Beffy1167 said:

I thought twice daily was unnecessary until I realized that it meant I wouldn't have clean, dry towels for my morning shower if I'd showered after an excursion the previous afternoon.

Even though we hung them on the racks, they didn't dry thoroughly.

Towel animals were there, even though we had morning cleanings.  They were delivered during our dinner, along with the next day's news.

I always ask for PM only with extra towels and ice bucket filled.  This insured that I have extra towels if we wished to shower after an excursion or being out in the sun all day.  I prefer PM so we can sleep in or go to breakfast and come back to our cabin without worrying about interrupting their cleaning.  With PM it is usually done while we are at dinner and the show.

• Like 1

On 2/2/2019 at 9:57 AM, mom2oneXY said:

When sailing with the kiddo we always request both morning and evening.  When it's just hubby and me, we usually do morning only.  Last sailing when our room steward check and we said morning only, he said, "Really?  Are you sure?  I can do twice a day."  When we reassured him we were fine with once a day he told us to just let him know if we changed our mind.  He was amazing and went out of his way to help us with things.  

We do the same thing, kiddos 2X, just us 1x

9 hours ago, glittergal1 said:

No we didnt escalate the issue so much was not great about this cruise we were getting fed up of going to guest services and being fobbed off, , We simply showered in the shampoo and used towels from the numerous towel animals we had on the floor in place of the missing shower mat . We have realised Carnival as a cruise line is not for us . 

If you didn't bring it to anyone's attention while onboard, it's pointless to post about it here as you did nothing to resolve the issue. The first step would be reaching out to your stateroom steward and bringing this to his attention. If corrective action failed, the Deck Supervisor and Guest Relations is the next step. If they are still falling short of meeting your expectations, you should be touching base with the Hotel Director.

If you felt you were being "fobbed off" then you should have reached out to the Guest Services Manager or the Hotel Director.

5 hours ago, xDisconnections said:

If you didn't bring it to anyone's attention while onboard, it's pointless to post about it here as you did nothing to resolve the issue. The first step would be reaching out to your stateroom steward and bringing this to his attention. If corrective action failed, the Deck Supervisor and Guest Relations is the next step. If they are still falling short of meeting your expectations, you should be touching base with the Hotel Director.

If you felt you were being "fobbed off" then you should have reached out to the Guest Services Manager or the Hotel Director.

We did "reach out " to the room steward we left a polite  note asking for shower gel and a bath mat after 1 day without  we got a bath mat after 3 days without  we got shower gel , and as I said so much was wrong with this cruise we were fed up with trying to resolve issues with those concerned and getting no where we just got on with it and compromised  ourselves with shampoo and towel. We were on holiday to enjoy ourselves and  not there to spend time in lines waiting speak to some one to resolve issues that should not even be issues in the first place . 

Carnival fell short of meeting our expectations on many levels , we  simply wont be cruising with them again 

3 minutes ago, glittergal1 said:

We did "reach out " to the room steward we left a polite  note asking for shower gel and a bath mat after 1 day without  we got a bath mat after 3 days without  we got shower gel , and as I said so much was wrong with this cruise we were fed up with trying to resolve issues with those concerned and getting no where we just got on with it and compromised  ourselves with shampoo and towel. We were on holiday to enjoy ourselves and  not there to spend time in lines waiting speak to some one to resolve issues that should not even be issues in the first place . 

Carnival fell short of meeting our expectations on many levels , we  simply wont be cruising with them again 

Last time Carnival fell short of my expectations, I contacted the Hotel Director so they could improve the experience going forward. As it was bad enough for you to shift your market share and vacation dollars elsewhere, I’m sorry you didn’t for your fellow cruisers.

Best wishes for your future travels and I hope you can find a cruise operator that exceeds your expectations and ensures total guest service satisfaction.