So, it has been about 3 years. Any big changes in the onboard experience?

SeaTheW0rld

Hi, all.  

Family matters have get me from cruising the last few years. I intend on making up for lost time.  I've done three cruises with Costa.  First was on Europa Dubai to Savona.  Next was Allegra Shanghai to Singapore. Last was bobbing around the Caribbean on Mediterranea.

I understand the basic/premium grade stuff.  What are some other changes you've noticed?

Thanks!

1354159922059.jpg

1354156040293.jpg

1354150884217.jpg

• 5 months later...

I haven't been on Costa since 2008. Since you've been on a few, do they charge for water? I don't remember that from 2008. I know any cruise lines have water and some type of juice or ice tea available at all times. Does Costa not do this?

6 hours ago, Libbiroed said:

I haven't been on Costa since 2008. Since you've been on a few, do they charge for water? I don't remember that from 2008. I know any cruise lines have water and some type of juice or ice tea available at all times. Does Costa not do this?

We sailed Costa last year - from my memory I thought there was always water available near the tea and coffee station in the buffet.  I believe the bottled water at dinner was charged for.  We had a drinks package and always had bottled water with dinner and we were not charged because of the package but I think the bottled stuff was the only water available in the dining room - so I imagine without a package there would be charges.

Well the ships have got a lot bigger than those three, the Europa is now with Thomson & even better.

The main change is with the food, although still very nice the are practicing 'Stop food waste' which has resulted in all venues on board serving the same two/three mains, but you still have five courses. The buffet is slightly smaller with again less waste, no trays just plate so less taken. Although a great lover of the old menus, I do think this is a good thing Costa is doing.

All premium cabins come with a drinks package.

Service charge is the same & is fixed for most Counties.

Other than that no major changes & great value for money.