INDEPENDENCE OF THE SEAS Babies & Tots

Cheka093

Already book a 5 night western Caribbean with Royal Caribbean. I was told there is a nursery I could drop my 1yr old for extra fee. I have used this service on Freedom of Seas but would like to know if anyone used on the INDEPENDENCE OF THE SEAS. If someone could please share your experience, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!

We did it a few years ago on the radiance and it was really great. We’d drop off our little one (he was almost two i think) for a few hours at a time, including often 5 or 6 until 10 or 11 at night! ;)
Quite cheap compared to land babysitting.
At night they’d put him to sleep in a crib and I’d just have to carry him back to the crib in our room.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Babies and older kids were ok (with a little exception), Tots was a nightmare. Had a recently trained 3yo who had an accident. They left him in the bathroom crying and wouldn't let my husband back to help (upset stomache from traveling). The guy kept reinterating my son was now kicked out, meanwhile my little guy was trying to clean himself and the bathroom up with toilet paper while he sobbed. Eventually they let my husband back in. Little kids have accidents. Do I expect them to change? No. But how you handle it, with compassion or self righteous disgust makes a huge difference and can set a child back. The man shouldn't be working with kids at all. Made a complaint at front desk, no follow up letter by cruiseline. Indy was an otherwise fabulous ship, but the worst experience we have had in 20 years cruising in any kids program. My twins were in the baby room, they let a little boy that was a bit behind stay with them (he was 3yo). Not an ideal age mixture, but ? I think this is the only complaint I ever filed?