Tahiti 2007 Schedule - when will it open up?

TexasMom2

The summer 2006 bookings opened up in late spring 2005, so for summer 2007 they'll probably open up in late spring 2006. They open up a whole year's worth of cruises, roughly May of the next year through May of the year after, all at once.

Tina, Minette is about right, by "late spring" I meant late May/early June. The schedules were announced for different destinations at different times, but most of them within a week or two of each other. Usually the TAs find out a few days before the public, so if you let your TA know that you're considering a summer 2007 cruise, maybe s/he can let you know as soon as s/he finds out? Last year, one of the TAs who posts here let us all know when she heard about the schedules so we all learned a little bit before the public, which was kind of fun. :)

Thanks for your responses. Here in Texas spring starts in February (it was 78 degrees today!) so all of our seasons kind of run together. We haven't had any winter to speak of yet. It seems like what most people consider a traditional spring doesn't last very long here before the temperatures rise and the dog days of summer have settled in.

I'll put it on my calendar to contact my TA in May. If I asked her now she may forget. Thanks again.

Tina:

We booked the first day Tahiti opened up for 2006. Just got out my first invoice to see exactly what day it was, and June 11 is the date. My TA called Princess to find out exactly so we could get the cabin we wanted for our cruises. Princess had all ready issued the itineraries to TA's before this, so she had sent me the info she had received which helped to know what we wanted.

Sorry we didn't get to meet you on the Grand. Probably passed each other at some point and didn't even know.

Looking forward to our Tahiti cruises this summer. Definitely have your agent call Princess when it gets to May and see if they can find out when the booking opens up.

Susan

Susan, I'm sorry too that we didn't get to meet. I read that you guys had an easy time checking in -- so fortunate because the weather that day was not the best. It took us 2 hours and we were very happy with that. I will be curious to read how the next Galvez check-in goes on Feb 25. Hopefully they will have worked out some of the issues.

I had forgotten that you're doing B2B Tahiti/Hawaii ... I could have searched out your roll call and asked the question there. I'm going to put a reminder on my calendar for the last week of May to contact my TA so it will be fresh on her mind.

Happy sailing to all,

• 2 months later...

A Honeymoon in Tahiti has to be one of the best things I could think of! We booked a mini suite because there are 3 of us in the room. Also I just like having some extra room over the balcony cabins, though there is nothing wrong with them either. The Owner's Suites also look wonderful, but quite a bit more money. I also wanted a cabin that was basically in the middle of the ship. Have read that you tend to feel more motion on this ship, and I just wanted as stable a ride as we could get. Congratulations on your wedding and hopefully Tahiti will be a wonderful honeymoon!

Last year it was horrible having to wait until June to book. Glad the bookings are opening up much earlier this year.

We are getting married on 7-7-7! We will book the first cruise after that...probably around July 11th, and then leave a few days before that for a couple days in an overwater bungalow! Looks like our parents may want to join us too for the cruise!

The Cook Islands itineraries are June 29 and July 9, then Tahiti/Hawaii on July 19 and return on July 31. The regular Cook Islands itin isn't repeated until Aug 12! I hope it works out for you...can you sail on July 9? The ship doesn't actually leave until the second day, July 10. We are going on the June 29 sailing. Here is the schedule posted by Suzy Cruzy:

Tahitian Princess same three itineraries as this year, so I’m not listing the ports for you:

4/26/07, 5/6, 5/16, 5/26 Cook Islands 10 nights

6/5 & 6/17 Hawaii to Tahiti, followed by reverse, 12 nights

6/29, 7/9 Cook Islands

7/19 & 7/31 Hawaii to Tahiti, followed by reverse

8/12, 8/22 Cook Islands

9/1 & 9/13 Hawaii to Tahiti, followed by reverse

Cook Islands 10/1, 10/21, 11/10, 11/30, 12/20, 1/9/08, 1/29, 2/18, 2/28, 3/9, 3/19, 3/29, 4/8, 4/18, 4/28/08 last sailing on schedule

Marquesas Islands 10/11/07, 10/31, 11/20, 12/10, 12/30, 1/19/08, 2/8

TexasMom2, et all,

Like y'all, we too hope to book Tahiti to Hawaii in July 2007. In fact, we gave our TA (our first in several years) a detailed list of cabin choices, dining (early seating, etc) and all that, so she can get us plugged in.

I read Suzie's post about the dates or whatever being up for grabs by April 22, but when I spoke to Princess on Monday on another matter (more about that in a second), the agent told me that the Summer dates won't be up until after they post Europe, which means June or so. This is contrary to what Suzie says, and I believe Suzie. Just hope we don't get left out in the cold.

We like the Tahiti-Hawaii itinerary because we have cruised both and thought it would be fun to compare them back-to-back. By the way, the biggest flaw is air fare to Papeete. There ain't no bargains. Best fare we've been quoted is $800 coach on??? Or there's Air New Zealand, which partners with United (our frequent flier choice). Their price:$1800!:mad:

About that other subject I called Princess about--

We are getting deluged by fliers from all the cruise lines offering great deals on summer, fall and winter cruises. So just for fun, I asked what availability is like on some of them. Well, on the one we liked--the 7-day to the Mexican Riviera on Island Princesss, the BB category cabins were still pretty wide open. Maybe it's because the cruise goes from Dec 20 to 27, and people don't want to miss Christmas with the family, or whatever. Still, the price is right, the sail will be nice, the food good. How bad could it be (can you say, "Felice Navidad?):)

but thought I would share that HAL makes one sailing per year RT from San Diego to Hawaii/Tahiti. The cruise is Jan 22 - Feb 21, 2007. It may be something to consider for those preferring the Fall. I am booked on it and will be very interested to see Princess's pricing compared to HAL.

Marie

My TA is calling every day, so the minute she is able to book I'll post something here! The HAL itinerary sounds wonderful but I couldn't take off work for a month....I would love to do when I retire (17 more years).

joinsb, Hulagirl will be doing the exact same thing in July, I believe - flying to Tahiti and sailing the Cook Islands itinerary, then Tahiti-Hawaii and flying home from there. She is really good about "live from" reports, so be watching for those.

Here's to keeping your fingers crossed for bookings opening on April 22nd...

Archived