Tahiti 2007 Schedule - when will it open up?

TexasMom2

I don't know if this applies to the Sheraton, but we stopped at the Moorea IC to do some snorkeling and wanted to check the room rates. My wife was talking to the lady at the front desk and she looked around then whispered that it would be MUCH cheaper for us to go through a TA than to go through the hotel (either over the phone or the web). I found that rather interesting.

We are also interested in booking a cruise to Tahiti/Cook islands for Summer 2007.

I just called Princess and they said the schedule for Summer 2007/Tahiti won't be out until this June or July 2006. Also, that I couldn't book until then. Interesting that you can book through Travelocity. ??

[quote name='vero1234']We are also interested in booking a cruise to Tahiti/Cook islands for Summer 2007.

I just called Princess and they said the schedule for Summer 2007/Tahiti won't be out until this June or July 2006. Also, that I couldn't book until then. Interesting that you can book through Travelocity. ??[/quote]

I booked Tahiti July 2007 last Saturday with my TA. The schedule came out that day.

I would try Princess again or a TA.

Minette

[quote name='TexasMom2']At starwood.com for July-August 2006 rates, they show the following (converted to USD + 11% taxes/fees):

Fully prepaid OWB - $586 + $65 = $651
OWB - $639 + $70 = $709
Horizon OWB - $688 + $75 $763
Premium Horizon OWB - $741 + $82 = $823

I wonder why they are quoting more over the phone than what is showing on their website. Each rate quoted except the fully prepaid has a 15-day cancellation policy, 1 night is the penalty. What I plan to do is book the horizon OWB through the website as soon as the schedule opens, 12 months in advance. If prices go up like you were quoted, I've locked in the web price. If they go down, I'll just cancel & rebook or call to get the lower rate. Plus, I called Starwood to confirm points needed for OWB and it's 32,000/night (not 50,000) for standard OWB. Isn't this fun?[/QUOTE]
I wrote Sheraton and they wrote me back with the rates for July 2007. Apparently, the rates will be going up! The website does not show July 2007 yet. I think I may just see what my TA can do for us...hopefully it will be better than what the pricing they wrote back to me was.

Congratulations to all who KNOW they are going to Tahiti!! As soon as I saw this thread, I went to cruise compete and requested a quote for B2B Sept/Oct 2007. That was a week ago and I haven't heard from ANYONE yet! :( I just finished searching [U]17[/U] different cruise websites and turned up ZIP! :eek: and of course the Princess website is still not listing any TP itineraries beyond April 2007. Maybe I'm just being over anxious, but we've been saving for this trip for such a very lo-o-o-ong time and I wanted to jump on it before all the best cabins are gone. :o Are all of you using local TA's, on-line TA's or...?
Thanks!
KTE

KTE,
My travel agent booked the day beofre the actual bookings came out! On Friday April 21st I had my cabin booked. If you need a travel agent who can get you a booking, I would be happy to share. Just send me an email. But I am sure there are many other agents who would be thrilled to take your hard earned cash too! Good luck!!

We had posted our TP request on cruise compete and heard from them in about 3 days with 1 TA responding...in the meantime I had called Princess directly on Saturday and booked our cabins...We wound up transferring the booking to the TA who booked our 2/07 cruise (found through cruisecompete also) who put together a great deal for us...

Go ahead and book your cabin with Princess and then shop around...to transfer res. to TA is a matter of a phone call or a fax.

yes, it is tough! we were to be going with a group of friends that we have met our previous times on the TP. I know they will have a great time and I just hope that they email me every day and tell me how it is :).

Archived