Princess Cays Update

Av8tor

Not sure if anyone else has posted this since I don't want to “waste” internet minutes searching the forum while onboard Regal. Anyway, here's a quick Princess Cays update:

We left FLL on Sun and stopped at PC on Mon and, contrary to what many believed, it seems to be mostly up and running normally. Concessions were open, food and beverage service appeared normal and I saw no difference to beach/water activities. However, a letter in the cabin informed us that the Bungalows on shore would be unavailable for use and one toilet building was out of commission but others were available.

A new wood “privacy” fence has been erected around the fire area, but I was able to peek around the end of it. It looks as if only two or three buildings burned and the remains of those have been completely cleared away down to the concrete foundations. The metal roof of one vendor shop right next to the new fence showed some heat damage to the paint but others appeared untouched. One large generator trailer was on one of the foundations and running to provide power to the facilities. Another smaller generator trailer was also there but not being utilized.

So, except for the bungalows, it appears to be business as normal!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Av8tor said:

Not sure if anyone else has posted this since I don't want to “waste” internet minutes searching the forum while onboard Regal. Anyway, here's a quick Princess Cays update:

We left FLL on Sun and stopped at PC on Mon and, contrary to what many believed, it seems to be mostly up and running normally. Concessions were open, food and beverage service appeared normal and I saw no difference to beach/water activities. However, a letter in the cabin informed us that the Bungalows on shore would be unavailable for use and one toilet building was out of commission but others were available.

A new wood “privacy” fence has been erected around the fire area, but I was able to peek around the end of it. It looks as if only two or three buildings burned and the remains of those have been completely cleared away down to the concrete foundations. The metal roof of one vendor shop right next to the new fence showed some heat damage to the paint but others appeared untouched. One large generator trailer was on one of the foundations and running to provide power to the facilities. Another smaller generator trailer was also there but not being utilized.

So, except for the bungalows, it appears to be business as normal!

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2631293-live-from-princess-cay/