Embarkation in Barcelona...

NayaSantaFe

I know embarkation and every port is different, so I was wondering if the Barcelona Port allows you to drop off your bags and then return later for check in?

We will be on the Oasis of the Seas in May and it looks like the ship leaves at 6 p.m. so I am not too sure what time they will start check in. But I was wondering if it might be a possibility to drop off luggage around lunch time and have lunch at El Pacifico and then return to port for check in?

Or should we just stick to heading to Port once we're ready to check in? What have others done?

We were on the Eclipse mid October Barcelona sailing. Our taxi dropped us off at the Celebrity terminal. Immediately outside of the terminal, Celebrity had baggage handlers. We gave them our large luggage with room tags and immediately went inside to check in. But I don't see where you could ask your taxi to wait as you drop off your luggage then depart for your restaurant. We had our carry on luggage with us.

We arrived at 11:30 am and checking in was pretty quick. We sat in the buffet restaurant after having lunch until ~1:30 pm when they announced all rooms were ready. We enjoy being on the ship early as passengers board. Exciting time to be checking out the ship. 

On 2/7/2019 at 1:14 PM, WallyNDiane said:

We were on the Eclipse mid October Barcelona sailing. Our taxi dropped us off at the Celebrity terminal. Immediately outside of the terminal, Celebrity had baggage handlers. We gave them our large luggage with room tags and immediately went inside to check in. But I don't see where you could ask your taxi to wait as you drop off your luggage then depart for your restaurant. We had our carry on luggage with us.

We arrived at 11:30 am and checking in was pretty quick. We sat in the buffet restaurant after having lunch until ~1:30 pm when they announced all rooms were ready. We enjoy being on the ship early as passengers board. Exciting time to be checking out the ship. 

Thanks for your reply!

We are still not to sure what we might do...

Any insite of disembarkation? How slow/fast was it? Looks like our cruise will arrive back in Barcelona at 5am and we were wanting to catch a 9:30am flight to Paris, but not sure if this is the best idea.

On 2/9/2019 at 12:58 PM, NayaSantaFe said:

Thanks for your reply!

We are still not to sure what we might do...

Any insite of disembarkation? How slow/fast was it? Looks like our cruise will arrive back in Barcelona at 5am and we were wanting to catch a 9:30am flight to Paris, but not sure if this is the best idea.

We did our own transportation to the airport. We were told that it would be around 6:30 before we could disembark. But it was much earlier than that when we got off the ship. That was great for us as we had a 10:30 am flight. We arrived at the designated disembarkation area around 5:45 and there was maybe 20 people in line. After leaving the ship, It was a long walk with all our luggage to the taxi area. But we managed that easily. Taxis were already lined up and we were off to the airport immediately. Taxi fare was €39 for both of us. Much cheaper than the ship airport excursion.

Edited by WallyNDiane

On 2/9/2019 at 12:58 PM, NayaSantaFe said:

Looks like our cruise will arrive back in Barcelona at 5am and we were wanting to catch a 9:30am flight to Paris, but not sure if this is the best idea.

Well, you could catch the 9:30 train to Paris; the train station is much closer than the airport, so you'll have a bit of breathing room for disembarkation, and it's really quite a pleasant journey.

We were on the Costa late October from Barcelona sailing. Our taxi dropped us off be the ship terminal, just outside of the terminal. baggage handlers took our large luggage with room tags and we went inside to check in.  It was easy

WallyNDiane - we are going to be on the Oasis and will be getting off in Barcelona on Sunday - 6/16/19.  We have an 11:00 a.m. flight to Chicago with a 2 hour layover in Dublin.  We would walk off the ship with our luggage.  Do you think we would have time to catch our 11:00 a.m. flight?  It sounds like you made your 10:30 flight with no problems.  I'm getting nervous about our flight time.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

19 hours ago, tj_shopper said:

WallyNDiane - we are going to be on the Oasis and will be getting off in Barcelona on Sunday - 6/16/19.  We have an 11:00 a.m. flight to Chicago with a 2 hour layover in Dublin.  We would walk off the ship with our luggage.  Do you think we would have time to catch our 11:00 a.m. flight?  It sounds like you made your 10:30 flight with no problems.  I'm getting nervous about our flight time.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

We had a 10:35 flight and had plenty of time as we got off the ship very early. Now we did pass on the VAT refund line. We didn't have much $ in VAT tax to wait in a very long line. That tax refund line was longer than the airline checkin line.