One day car rental in Bonaire

gme105

We were going to rent a car for the day in Bonaire but it seems the rental companies require a three day minimum, at least for rental in Kralendijk. One response suggested I try the airport rental offices.  Has anyone tried this?  We're only in port from 8 until 6 so adding the time for taxi to and from the airport might also be a concern.

Go to Hertz.com, we rented from them before our cruise.  The location is at the Flamingo Divi resort about a 15 minute walk from the cruise pier.  we only rented for the day and got to see both the North and south ends.  Must faster than the golf carts.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

How was the parking situation with a car?  Would it be significantly easier to park a golf cart?  I was going to rent a golf cart but a car is cheaper for 4 (and faster) so now I'm debating...

• 6 months later...
On 2/9/2019 at 4:22 PM, potsie57 said:

Go to Hertz.com, we rented from them before our cruise.  The location is at the Flamingo Divi resort about a 15 minute walk from the cruise pier.  we only rented for the day and got to see both the North and south ends.  Must faster than the golf carts.

I tried to book on the Hertz.com website but it won't allow me to do 1 day car rental, only 2 days...anyone have success recently booking a one day rental on their website?

6 hours ago, kj_connections said:

I tried to book on the Hertz.com website but it won't allow me to do 1 day car rental, only 2 days...anyone have success recently booking a one day rental on their website?

I booked for 5 hours, 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM.  Received confirmation email from Hertz.

11 hours ago, kj_connections said:

I booked on the website back in April 2019 for a Feb 2020 rental.  One day, 9-4.  $70

Pickup is at the Divi Flamingo.

Edited by sft429
added
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, sft429 said:

I booked on the website back in April 2019 for a Feb 2020 rental.  One day, 9-4.  $70

Pickup is at the Divi Flamingo.

You got lucky!  I contacted the location and they are not allowing one-day rentals between Dec 2019 and March 2020.  What kind of car were you able to get for $70?

46 minutes ago, kj_connections said:

You got lucky!  I contacted the location and they are not allowing one-day rentals between Dec 2019 and March 2020.  What kind of car were you able to get for $70?

Not exactly sure but this is what it says...

Your Vehicle
Standard Group R SFAR
(R) Suzuki Grand Vitara or similar

1 minute ago, sft429 said:

Not exactly sure but this is what it says...

Your Vehicle
Standard Group R SFAR
(R) Suzuki Grand Vitara or similar

That's very good.  They're willing to offer me a one-day rental in December for $72 for an economy size automatic transmission

• Like 1