Mariner - Balcony Rooms?

Can someone tell me what the difference is in the various balcony rooms on the Mariner of the Seas?

I've looked for pictures, with no luck (the RCC site isn't very helpful, as they only have photos of a stateroom or suite), and I'm not sure how to decide what kind of balcony room I should tell my Mom we want.

We're doing a Mother/Daughter cruise in September, and a balcony was on my must-have list.

Thanks for any advice and photos you can share!

HUGz! Jules

The balconies themselves are all pretty much the same. The only exception to that is the hump balconies and the aft balconies. From what I understand the corner aft balconies seem to be the largest and you can get a great view of the side of the ship and the wake. The hump balconies are larger than standard and if you get the middle of the hump you'll have an unobstructed view all the way up and down the ship (the hump blocks your view of the other end of the ship when you are in a normal balcony).

The various categories have a little to do with cabin and balcony size (you can see their dimensions on the RCCL website) and a little to do with location (a cabin on deck 10 is generally more desirable than one on deck 6 or 7 for example).

So, generally people really like the corner aft balconies but the only downside to that is that you have a ways to walk anytime you want to go somewhere on the ship (some people think of that as a positive...a little help with weight management). The hump cabins are in the middle of the ship and closer to most things.

open air or glass enclosed? I am also very claustrophobic and have a balcony room but after reading another post I am not sure I am going to get fresh air out there?????? which is what I was hoping for. This will be on Navigator of the Seas 6th floor midship.:confused:

CJ

I had an corner aft balcony on the Mariner - 8690 (actually same cruise as firstcruise). The balconies are not necessarily larger on the corner aft as noted above on the voyager class ships. In this case it was not as the cabin next to ours was larger. If you are considering an aft, my TA recommended deck 8 or higher. 9 & 10 have the best views. Now - the DOWNSIDE of the aft. It's a hike to get anywhere. This can be an annoyance if wanting to go back and forth to the cabin. If I cruised on this ship again I would want mid-ship on the hump or right in front of it. Portside for the Eastern Carribean route.

Well, we're now booked in blacony room 7616. :D

Is that considered one of those suites where you get the perks?

HUGz! Jules

You made a good choice being on the hump/bump of the ship. But, it is just a balcony cabin and not a suite or anything where you would get perks or special things.

Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom

Two twin beds (can convert into queen-size), private balcony, sitting area with sofa, and a private bathroom. Rates vary from deck to deck. (184 sq. ft., balcony 46 sq. ft.)

Well, we're now booked in blacony room 7616. :D

Is that considered one of those suites where you get the perks?

HUGz! Jules

We're booked in that cabin for our 3/26/06 cruise. Unfortunately there aren't any perks associated with standard balcony cabins. You need to be in a suite for extra perks. If you want any specific details about that particular cabin, send me an email after 4/2 and I'll answer your questions. pr1ncessd1ane@aol.com

Archived