Oprah today and cruise ship mishaps!

deb380

For the record, i never thought Elizabeth Smart was dead... must be that "gut" thing again, but I seem to recall the media, family and public all still believing she was alive and would be found. But since the question was asked "how many of us", I thought I would weigh in :D

And I agree, if you want to fake your own death, there are FAR better ways to go about it than jumping off a cruise ship in Turkey...

GoinCruisin,

But jumping may be an assumption....How many people,after having a few drinks or many drinks, leave their cards just laying around a bar, drop them, leave them lying around in a public area...anyway, easy to pick up. I know since they started taking pics for the cruise cards, I have been on several cruise lines and they don't really look real close when you get off the ship, especially if you get their attention and crack a joke....it's amazing what a hat covers. I swear I was an FBI agent in a prior life...LOL!

PS I never believed Elizabeth was dead either.

Travelworks...the sun actually came out today and their is sun forecast Sun-Thurs. As much as it is getting a little old, it's better than snow or ice..And I'm originally from San Diego....call me crazy!! GO SEAHAWKS!!!!

Travelworks...the sun actually came out today and their is sun forecast Sun-Thurs. As much as it is getting a little old, it's better than snow or ice..And I'm originally from San Diego....call me crazy!! GO SEAHAWKS!!!!

I am glad you get to see the light...

Drop everything and go outside quick...that is what we used to do when the sun came out in the NW....forget whatever else you had planned and run outside!!! Funerals were cancelled and weddings thrown together spontaneously all because it was a freakin' nice day!!!!

Oprah is being sensationalist. Hers is an entertainment show, not a serious show.

I beg to differ with you. As a rape survivor, I was on the Oprah show one time and it was a very serious show.

Having said that, I do think something is very wrong with this story. What newlywed, or anyone for that matter who is happily married, would be so passive about hubby sleeping in another room on 1 or more nights. The first time I had to stay away from my husband overnight was almost 2 years after we were married and I cried myself to sleep. Twenty seven year later, I would still be upset if we were on a cruise and he slept in another room.

Maybe she's like another popular couple, "I don't remember, I can't recall". It sure got them out of a lot of hot water.:eek:

Archived