Adding on Days

Coastmonkey1

Hi All, Just wondering can you add on days to the cruise. Our cruise on the Grandiosa next year is from Barcelona to Barcelona but we where looking at seeing if we can add on a further 3 days at the end from Barcelona over to Naples therefore making it a 10 night cruise instead of 7. I asked my TA but she didn't think it was possible. I have emailed MSC and waiting on a reply. I didn't think it would be a problem as most ports are available for embarkation and disembarkation. Has anyone done it or know if it can be done? TY

People may quote me different but I’m pretty sure it’s not possible we had to do a full 2 weeks on seaview last year( my dad thinks 7 days is not enough 😂) wanted to disembark in Malta and stay for 3 nights 

Two years ago we cruised 2 ships almost in a row (with 3 days in genoa between them) and we could chose to cruise 3,4,5,6,7 days...they had people entering in all the ports, like you said. We booked the chosen days when we made the reservation, i don't know if you can add more days after booking. They can have the cruise sold out for instance.

It is not usually possible. Although people embark at all ports, the cabins are allocated to a specific port. 

The cabin you have been allocated to will always be for people embarking in Barcelona so if you extended your trip by 3 days the cabin would remain empty for 4 days, they would not fill it in Naples. 

I suppose if you were willing to pay for another week you could, in theory, disembark in Naples.

Only if they sell the other 3 days as a stand-alone cruise, CM (which would mean, effectively, a B2B).

I know that your argument is that people embark/disembark at most of the ports, which would make it seem feasible.  But what you need to consider is that MSC sell their cabins in 'blocks' for each 7 day sailing so that there are cabins allocated for guests embarking at each port.  If you were to be allowed to add on an extra 3 days, then, technically, the cabin would be empty 'til the ship arrived back to Barcelona (which is the port that your cabin would be allocated to - if that makes sense).

Edited by Beamafar