Portraits on board?

MexiChica

Hi everyone!  While my husband and I have cruised a bunch of times, this March we will be traveling with his entire family (there will be 12 of us) to celebrate his parents' 80th birthdays and their 60th wedding anniversary. Grandma has asked if we can get a nice family picture taken while on the cruise, since everyone will be there. Can this be done in Royall? I am not talking about standing in line and having our picture taken (we will do that, too!!) but actually scheduling a time for all of us to go in, without making others wait behind us in line... TIA for your help!!

I’m not sure if this is available on all ships but on Symphony of the Seas last month, you could schedule a private photography session with the photographers on board for no charge and no sitting fee. You could choose from a variety of backdrops and only have to pay for the photo(s) you want to purchase or a photo package. I would recommend going around and visiting each of the photographers on the first formal night and see who you want, and then booking a session with that specific photographer.

• Like 1

Definitely visit the photo station the first evening but usual there are signs near the set-up photographers telling you how to book portraits - since they do book up quickly to my knowledge I'd say better to ask first instead of hoping you see the signs but there should be an on-board # to that department.  This may also be an occasion to splurge for the all photos for your parents - they'd get all photos with them in them and anyone else who happened to join their photos!

We did this on a HAL cruise to Alaska. No extra charge. We had 10 of us for a 50th wedding anniversary. We chose a very pretty staircase. My family of 4 did a shoot for no extra cost on a Royal ship, one of those white background with all of us on the floor. Just check with the photo people when you board.

The private session is different. I believe if you will go to the photo area and speak with them, they will do a picture with all of you. They are very accommodating. We had our 50th and they went out of their way to get us great pictures.