One way London/Phoenix, Phoenix/FLL

rubrrick

Maybe someone here can help us find an air consolidator for one way flight from Phoenix to Fort Lauderdale, and another flight from London to Phoenix.

Any suggestions???

Rick

I just did the exact route, except in reverse. PHX/London, then FLL/PHX for my QE2 transatlantic. Flight dates-Jan 1 outbound and return on Jan 11. I booked the entire itinerary on AA.com. Total price-$893.00pp.

You may also want to look at another option. Open jaw or one way tickets (only available on a few airlines at a decent price-Southwest, Jet Blue, etc). to FLL and return from JFK to PHX. For the overseas segment, a new airline just started in November-Maxjet. All business class service. Only 102 business class seats on a 767. The best thing-about $750.00 each way. So for only slightly more than I paid, you can fly in true business class on the transatlantic segment. No FF miles, but lounge access, gourmet meals and 160 degree beds. Not truly lie-flat beds, but close enough that you can really sleep. http://www.maxjet.com/

trying to get an airfare that is not criminal on a one way. Copenhagen to Miami, I have been quoted 1300 and up each one way!!!!!

We went from Fort Lauderdale to Barcelona November and it was 295 a person for one way..so the shock for the Copenhagen air fare is high.

We finally booked cruise air at 1000 dollars for both one way, a savings of 1600 dollars

trying to get an airfare that is not criminal on a one way. Copenhagen to Miami, I have been quoted 1300 and up each one way!!!!!

We went from Fort Lauderdale to Barcelona November and it was 295 a person for one way..so the shock for the Copenhagen air fare is high.

We finally booked cruise air at 1000 dollars for both one way, a savings of 1600 dollars

Again, I would have broken up the trip. US to European hub or reverse-best prices to or from London, but Lufthansa has been having some pretty good fares to Germany. Then BA or one of the main line European carriers on to final destination.

On some of the repo cruises-it may also be time to think about throw away tickets. Book the RT and make the return, whichever way you are going, out as far as possible. If you don't use the return, oh well. Just don't do it on an airline that you have FF miles or a lot of connections.

Every year I go thru this problem and I got it just about solved cheap.

Fly from CA to Ft Lauderdale Jet Blue about 127.

Cruise across.

Buy a oneway ticket on Aer Lingus Irish Airline from Europe over Dublin to Los Angeles. Or over Shannon to Chicago. $500

When I stay a while in Europe I fly the European charters Easy Jet,Transavia etc. about 90 each way like Barcelona-Amsterdam or Lisbon-Amsterdam.

This year I leave Galveston so I fly to Houston got the ticket on line for 137 one way.Back from Amsterdam 503. Lisbon to Amsterdam 87 dollar.

One way to Europe or back the major airlines charge over 1100 dollars.

Every year I go thru this problem and I got it just about solved cheap.

Fly from CA to Ft Lauderdale Jet Blue about 127.

Cruise across.

Buy a oneway ticket on Aer Lingus Irish Airline from Europe over Dublin to Los Angeles. Or over Shannon to Chicago. $500

When I stay a while in Europe I fly the European charters Easy Jet,Transavia etc. about 90 each way like Barcelona-Amsterdam or Lisbon-Amsterdam.

This year I leave Galveston so I fly to Houston got the ticket on line for 137 one way.Back from Amsterdam 503. Lisbon to Amsterdam 87 dollar.

One way to Europe or back the major airlines charge over 1100 dollars.

You ideas work really well and save a LOT of money on air. However, most people don't want to take advantage of the ideas as they believe two or three tickets, two or three airlines is just TOO complicated. I have tried repeatedly to inform people that flying a combination of airlines, through US hubs and European hubs saves a lot of money, but most of the time the suggestions fall on deaf ears. Aer Lingus is turning into a very reliable option to Europe, as they sell one way tickets at reasonable prices.

Only thing you have to worry about with RyanAur, EasyJet, etc. as intra-European carriers is luggage weight. One checked suitcase and one small carryon usually cannot be done for a lot of cruisers. And the overweight charges are ASTRONOMICAL.

Greatam. I got the luguage also covered.

I save all my old underwear, T shirts, Pants, ect ect. for the trips to Europe.

Leave them on the ship for disposal.

I only allways have just a 22" and small carryon.

22 Kilo (about46 Lb.) is very little so carry only light weight clothing, wear your coat and sweater.

One pair of good walking shoes and a pair for dress up.

After crossing the Atlantic for almost 50 years packing is a science to me.

I always have a good laugh when I see the PAX come off the ship and all the suitcases don't fit in the European taxies.

Could I ask what time of year did you book for November the FLL to BCN flight?

Thanks

Archived