Superstar Gemini

mummsie

Hi DawnCruise05,

Your best bet would be to check with your local agents. Some do book with Star Cruises.

Another option is to check internet agents. I am sure that you will find a few who book Star Cruises.

If all else fails, call NCL direct and ask who they recommend for booking.

Being that Star Cruises is really not actively marketed in North America it can be somewhat frustrating to find an agent for them. Maybe now that their SuperStar Libra will be deployed in the Mediterranean, more advertising will be done in North America with more agents handling the bookings.

By the way, you can always contact Star directly to find out who their preferred agents are for North America.

Contact them at: starcare@starcruises.com.my

Regards,

Mike--in Taipei

• 2 weeks later...

I am going on the superstar gemini on march 5th 2006, this sunday can't wait, 7 nights cruise then off to bali for 5 nights, I am excited, what do you wear in the evenings is it casual or glitzy, I dont like dressing up to much, is the weather humid in the evenings, and what are the bar prices like, we are 2 couples in our late 30's early 40's, we usually go to the carribean, this is our first cruise to far east any pointers and places of interest would be appreciated, thanks carol

Hi Carol,

Don't worry about having to "dress" onboard GEMINI.

It is a casual freestyle cruise and wear what you are comfortable in.

At night, I think the term resort casual would be good to describe what is the norm.

Daytime, of course, jeans, shorts, T's are perfectly in order.

You will love Gemini and the staff/crew onboard. They are superb!

Regards,

Mike--in Taipei, but heading to Hong Kong tomorrow.

• 3 weeks later...
I am going on the superstar gemini on march 5th 2006, this sunday can't wait, 7 nights cruise then off to bali for 5 nights, I am excited, what do you wear in the evenings is it casual or glitzy, I dont like dressing up to much, is the weather humid in the evenings, and what are the bar prices like, we are 2 couples in our late 30's early 40's, we usually go to the carribean, this is our first cruise to far east any pointers and places of interest would be appreciated, thanks carol

Hi Carol,

How did it all go? Anything you can tell me about the ship/trip?

thanks Gayle

Gayle Hi,

Sorry, I never used the onboard internet. When I needed to check e-mail etc, I always found places onshore.

Perhaps some of our recent cruisers have some info regarding rates for internet use onboard Gemini. Anyone?

Regards,

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Gayle,

Here is Star Cruises official statement about electric voltage:

ELECTRICAL OUTLETS

Power outlets in the cabins provide 110V or 220V power. Both 2-pin and 3-pin sockets are provided. Bathroom power points provide both 110V and 220V power. Travel adaptors are available from Housekeeping.

* Power outlets vary from vessel to vessel.

I have dual voltage chargers for my cell phone and digi cam. They both have the two prong plug. There are this type of outlets onboard Gemini.

If I can find a close-up shot of the vanity area where the outlets are, I will post it.

Your cruise is nearer and nearer. Great excitement for you:)

Regards,

Mike

thanks again Mike. You are a source of fantastic information. :) Yes cruise is getting closer - have lots to do before then and then I come back to daughter's wedding preparations. :DGayle

Is Gemini sister to Fred Olsen's Braemar?

They look identical, even their weight is the same too.

I am sailing on Braemar twice next year and really looking forward to being on board her too as I much prefer smaller ships.

Hi Goldryder,

You are correct. The Braemar is the identical sister to the Gemini.

They were both built for Crown Cruise Line. The Braemar was the Crown Dynasty and Gemini was Crown Jewel.

Although virtually identical in layout, the Braemar's interior furnishings are geared to the British market. And, may I add, Braemar is a lovely ship.

I have attached two photos. The first one is of a bar/lounge onboard SuperStar Gemini. The second photo is the same room onboard Braemar. You will be able to notice the difference in furnishings.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Mike

102_0219_resize.jpg.0b2bc059bbd289c2b857d1df5ddfdd7b.jpg

braemar12_resize.jpg.4b60694fd0d3616b972e5acb925870bd.jpg

Hi Goldryder,

You are correct. The Braemar is the identical sister to the Gemini.

They were both built for Crown Cruise Line. The Braemar was the Crown Dynasty and Gemini was Crown Jewel.

Although virtually identical in layout, the Braemar's interior furnishings are geared to the British market. And, may I add, Braemar is a lovely ship.

I have attached two photos. The first one is of a bar/lounge onboard SuperStar Gemini. The second photo is the same room onboard Braemar. You will be able to notice the difference in furnishings.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Mike

Thanks for the photos Mike :)

Both ships look superb and its great that the smaller ships are still around IMHO.

I haven't sailed on Olsen before and am looking forward to it alot. I have heard so many wonderful things about Braemar and I was sure she was Gemini's twin, thanks for confirming :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all ...

Yes I am new, and I was some how lead to this forum through my love for the Gemini, where I spent a week in January onboard. Ah if only I could avoid school for awhile, I would surely have fought my way onto the 21 day cruise in May ...

Anyway, I was wondering if anybody who had cruised on the Gemini before noticed the complete awesomeness of the staff ... I think I fell in love with them all! I keep in contact with a few of them, through email and such, but I am sad to say I lost contact with one, not sure if anyone could help me though ...

Anyone going on board the gemini soon? If you are, I cant hide my envy!:p

Ah, that means you will be on the Gemini after June ... I was hoping to hear any news from someone I lost contact with onboard, but his contract (as far as I know) finishes in June, and after he leaves I cant see myself being able to contact him again.

Any how, you'll enjoy it!

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be on the Superstar Gemini departing 14 May. First time cruiser and very much looking forward to it!

Can I get some confirmation around a few things please from all you more experienced cruisers!

Dress Code:

I have gathered (from reading through everything I could find on what to wear while on the cruise) that this sums it up:

Days are casual so shorts and t shirts are ok.

Nights are a little more dressy so we would need long pants not shorts. But is a t shirt still ok or do I need something a little dressy, eg do men need a collared shirt, and do ladies need skirts or are pants ok?

There is a formal night so I should take a evening gown. Really?? A full on gown?? Or just a dress?

Hubby is worried there won't be much to do. Any tips on what activities would be available?

Any other tips for a first-time-cruiser?

Thanks all!

Hi theotherbear and welcome. Your husband won't be bored. There is always something to do in fact sometimes its hard to decide what to miss. I haven't been on the Gemini before but on a few other ships. Dress code is as you say. Most formal nights, its about half and half. Half the people wear evening wear the other wear coctail outfits. I don't have any evening wear but I have a few coctail skirts that I match with dressy t-shirts or nice sparkly tops. You should also take a shawl or something. Some of the show rooms can get chilly at times.

Just relax and chill out. Cruises are for relaxing. :D Gayle