Holding Foreign Passport And Planning To Take A Southern Caribbean Cruise

cpham2

My aunt, a French citizen (holding a France passport) is visiting from France and wanting to take a cruise (Southern Caribbean)......my question is: Does she need any additional papers to allow her to leave US, enter Caribbean countries and back to US? Please help.

Thanks

She probably won't have a problem if she has a multiple-entry visa. Is France in the Visa Waiver Program? Also, please consider that each port of call will have its own restrictions. (It might be possible that she will need a visa to enter one of them.)

Very important: she is the only one who will bear the ultimate responsibility for getting the right information. Do not rely on this board, or the cruise line for that matter, to have the correct answers. Have her contact the US consulate in France for the most accurate information...

My guess would be no, the passport alone should suffice. The cruiseline should have details on what is required for that sailing, check with them. It wouldn't hurt to contact your government office and the consulates of the countries the sailing goes to. This info is usually on the appropriate websites.

Archived