Ecstasy April 26 Itinerary Change

emoorehead

I got an email from Guest Services today that the itinerary for my upcoming cruise has changed. Nothing major, we are just arriving/leaving St. Thomas (first port) an hour later than initially scheduled and arriving/leaving San Juan (last port) an hour earlier than initially scheduled.

I know it's probably nothing and I am trying to keep myself from dwelling on it. But I am nosy by nature and I want to know WHY?!?!?!?! 😁😁😁😁

12 hours ago, bakersdozen12 said:

Could be a scheduling conflict at the port. 

That's what I was thinking, being that it is only an hour difference.

I still want to know why.....lol

13 hours ago, medianeh said:

We are on the cruise before you, and they changed our itinerary a few months back.  Same itinerary, just flip flopped our ports.  No idea why either.  lol

Hope you have a fantastic cruise!!

They've heard the Norwegian Epic might be docking around then, want to keep the piers clear.

Snort.

Anyway, yeah, just scheduling tweaks, seems like Carnival has been doing a bunch of that recently.  You'd think it would be a well-oiled machine by now, but maybe the trigger is another cruise line (maybe a new one, like Virgin) and their wants/needs, so a lot of ports are having to adjust to an extra ship or something.

• Haha 2

Flexibility is the rule of the day, I suppose.

My mom is stressing out about our shore excursions, but the change only affects the one my son and I are going on without them, and I already checked my booking and everything is updated and looks fine. I think she just likes to stress.....lol

15 hours ago, emoorehead said:

I got an email from Guest Services today that the itinerary for my upcoming cruise has changed. Nothing major, we are just arriving/leaving St. Thomas (first port) an hour later than initially scheduled and arriving/leaving San Juan (last port) an hour earlier than initially scheduled.

I know it's probably nothing and I am trying to keep myself from dwelling on it. But I am nosy by nature and I want to know WHY?!?!?!?! 😁😁😁😁

Wasn't there an accident where part of the San Juan port was damaged?  Maybe there is a timing issue between ships since docking might need to be staggered more.  Just a guess.  

8 minutes ago, LuckyStar said:

Wasn't there an accident where part of the San Juan port was damaged?  Maybe there is a timing issue between ships since docking might need to be staggered more.  Just a guess.  

The Norwegian Epic had an Epic Fail

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=44kYmBu51bo

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, LuckyStar said:

Yeah, as @schazzy noted, Norwegian Epic had an issue and damaged the pier in San Juan while trying to dock.  It was unclear from what I read whether that actually impacts (pun intended) actual docking, and I'm not sure how shifting stuff by an hour would work around an unusable pier location.