Kenner?

Pattywac

Hi. We are 1st time cruisers; 4 of us (me, husband, adult daughter and dear grandson) will be sailing on the Dream on April 28th. We’re driving from Arkansas, and should arrive in NO early to mid afternoon on the 27th, which means we need a room for one night. Somebody we know suggested Kenner, but i’ve never been to NO and have no idea about the area.  We plan on parking at the port garage during the cruise, and b/c we’ll be traveling with a 4 1/2 yr old we won’t visit the French Quarter. My want list is breakfast, overnight parking, and internet included, but mostly I want a clean hotel in a safe area. It’s also come to my attention it’s the same weekend as the Jazz festival.  I hope not to exceed $200 for the night and stressing. Does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations?  Thanks bunches!

Thank you so much!  Centering our trip around a 4 yr old vs “just 2 adults” has made me more careful with each step of planning.   

I’m Considering booking the Best Western Plus on Airline Rd. Around how far is that from port and is there anything in that area for families to do in the evening?