Any of you Zenith cruisers recently took a cab from the airport to the cruiseport?

momofmeg

I ask this bec ause I had asked about cabs from the airport right adfter we booked our cruise two months ago and was told it ran about $25. this was on the questions asked board. Now I am reading it is anywhere from $75 ro $90-that fares recently went up.

I know gasoline has doubled in price-but goodness this means the fares have tripled or more. Have any of you taken a cab?

Also do any of you know the cost of a shuttle-maybe that is the way to go.

Meg, when we were there in November, the price had risen from $21 to $23 because of gas prices. I was afraid I was being ripped off, but there is a sign right in the cab that it's a flat fare, and it did, indeed say the price had risen to $23.

I would find it VERY hard to believe that it is now in the $75-90 range.

This is the website for FAQ for Miami Airport.

http://www.miami-airport.com/html/ground_transportation_faq.html

As you can see, they're still quoting the $21 (instead of the new $23 rate) probably just haven't updated the site recently, but I think you're safe with the $25 estimate. The cab ride is quick and easy (we took cab from pier to airport and were there in less than 15 minutes).

In December the fare was in the 20s. That is not an unreasonable fare compared to most airports. We were able to get a van that held all of our luggage and Ken's wheelchair.

The cab back to the airport was so much better than taking the Celebrity bus. No waiting, a porter helping at the terminal, and a skycap helping at the airport. I did have to pay more than Celebrity's transfers because of the tips involved, but I thought it was worth it.

Archived